Over the last six years, Blue Raven Solar has expanded its company from three to over 1,000 employees to bring solar solutions to customers throughout the United States. The company tailors its solar offerings to its customers and brings them personalized solar systems that are effective and affordable.
Read on to learn more about Blue Raven Solar services, installation, and financing to decide if Blue Raven is the best solar company for you and your home.
Is Blue Raven Solar Worth It?
Blue Raven Solar is an installation company that offers comprehensive warranties and has an extensive installation process. The company’s affordable BluePower Plus+ purchasing plan makes it a solid choice for customers who want to finance a residential solar system.
Pros and Cons of Blue Raven Solar
Compare the benefits and drawbacks of Blue Raven Solar below.
✔ Gives customers $250 for every referral that receives solar from Blue Raven
✔ Provides free solar energy for 18 months with a BluePower Plus+ plan
✔ Includes a two-year power production guarantee with every installation
Blue Raven Solar Installation
Blue Raven provides solar panel installation to homeowners who want to generate their own sustainable energy. The company’s installation process focuses on bringing efficient solar systems to customers through three simple steps.
Blue Raven begins the solar process by encouraging potential customers to complete a contact form. After completing the contact form, a Blue Raven solar consultant will reach out to you to answer any of your questions or concerns before you commit to solar.
When your Blue Raven representative contacts you for your consultation, you’ll learn about the company’s installation process, pricing, and financing to help in your decision to go solar. If you decide on Blue Raven for solar installation, a company technician will analyze your roof to ensure it can handle solar panels before designing your custom solar array.
Note: You’ll be able to see a 3-D model of your custom solar system before scheduling the installation.
Once your system is designed and has your approval, Blue Raven will handle the legal paperwork and permits to start the installation process. The company installs black-on-black, monocrystalline solar panels that are efficient and fit into your roof’s existing aesthetic. During installation, the Blue Raven team mounts your solar panels, rewires your electrical panel, and connects your utility meter to your new system.
Blue Raven Solar Reviews
Blue Raven Solar is accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and holds an A+ rating from the company. Here’s a sample of the company’s BBB customer reviews:
“My husband and I are very happy we chose Blue Raven Solar. We shopped around for other solar companies but ultimately Blue Raven Solar stood out the most. The sales representative that explained the whole solar process to us was extremely knowledgeable and friendly. Our panels are installed and are making more electric power than we expected!” — Mary
“Salesman Kyle gave me a quote. After reviewing the quote, my wife and I spoke with several realtors, competitors of Blue Raven, [and] other people in our area that have solar and determined that it was best for us to pass. I [told] Kyle over text and he [was] very rude and condescending. Very unprofessional and uneducated on what saving money means. I will not recommend anyone to Blue Raven due to this experience.” — Shawn B.
“I’ve had a great experience with everyone from start to finish. My project was completed quicker than expected. Install crew was on time and finished quickly. I would recommend them. And I have recommended them to 4 people and counting.” — William F.
“Blue Raven was very supportive in getting me into a contract, installing my panels, and telling me how quickly I would be enjoying Solar energy. However, about a month after installation I can’t get anyone to return my calls about an estimate of when my service will actually start.” — Barry H.
*BBB information accurate as of August 2022
Blue Raven Solar Financing
Blue Raven allows customers to pay for their system in full or finance it through BluePower Plus+. The BluePower Plus+ program includes 18 months of free solar power to give customers an immediate return on their investment. In addition to the 18-month deferred payment, BluePower Plus+ customers can expect the following benefits:
- $0 upfront for design, permitting, and solar panel installation costs
- A fixed monthly payment and interest rate for the life of the loan
- The ability to pay off the loan at any time with no penalty
- A 25-year manufacturer warranty
- A two-year power production guarantee
Blue Raven Solar Customer Service
Blue Raven Solar provides customer support online, by phone, and through email. Blue Raven’s corporate headquarters in Orem, Utah, is open Monday through Friday, from 7 am until 10 pm and on Saturday from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m.
Note: Local customer service hours vary by location.
Blue Raven protects its solar installations with two warranties:
- 25-year manufacturer warranty: Under this warranty, Blue Raven covers issues related to the manufacturing of your solar panels, though you’ll be responsible for routine maintenance like cleaning and snow removal.
- Two-year productivity guarantee: Blue Raven guarantees its solar energy system for two years after installation. If your system doesn’t produce the estimated amount of energy, Blue Raven will upgrade your system to meet the difference at no charge.
Blue Raven Solar helps customers incorporate a solar energy system into their homes through affordable financing and a transparent installation process. Because there have been a few concerns about aggressive sales techniques from the Blue Raven team, we recommend getting a few quotes from a variety of solar energy providers.
Use the tool below to get matched with pricing and providers in your area.
Compare Blue Raven Solar to Other Solar Providers
|Provider||Blue Raven Solar||Vivint Solar||ADT Solar (formerly Sunpro Solar)|
|Solar services||Solar panel installation||Solar panel and battery installation||Solar panel and battery installation|
|Service areas||22 states||22 states||23 states|
|Warranty length||25-year manufacturer warranty and two-year power production guarantee||10-year workmanship, 20-year power (lease and PPA plan only), 25-year linear performance warranty||25-year power production, panel, inverter, and labor warranty|
|Payment options||Purchase or finance||Buy, finance, lease, power purchase agreement||Buy, finance, lease|
Blue Raven Solar Overview
- Company name: Blue Raven Solar LLC
- Company type: Private
- CEO: Ben Peterson
- Years in business: 6
- Address: 1403 Research Way, Orem, Utah 84097
- Phone: 800-377-4480
- Website: blueravensolar.com
Frequently Asked Questions About Blue Raven Solar
Our Rating Methodology
The This Old House Reviews Team is committed to providing comprehensive and unbiased reviews to our readers. This means earning your trust through transparent reviews and having the data to back up our ratings and recommendations. Our rating system for solar panel companies and installers is on a 100-point scale based on five factors:
- Payment options (40 points): Options include purchase, loan, lease, and Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs). Companies receive points for each of those four options it provides.
- Solar services (30 points): Does the company provide in-house installation of solar panels and battery backups? Can the company also monitor energy production and perform energy-efficiency audits to ensure system performance. The more options available, the higher the score.
- Warranty options (10 points): The success of a residential solar system depends on the workmanship, performance guarantees, and length of product coverage. We score solar companies based on the number of warranty options available. The more warranties a solar company offers, the higher the score it receives.
- State Availability (10 points): We award the most points to solar companies with the broadest service area and state availability.
- Reputation (10 points): We factor in how the Business Better Bureau (BBB) scores each company. We deduct points for any alerts or pending lawsuits.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.