Venture Solar offers solar panel installation to homeowners who want to save money on their electric bills and reduce their carbon footprint. Venture uses high-quality solar panels from LG as part of its installed system that incorporates efficient solar parts into a sleek and minimalist design. Read our review on Venture Solar offerings, financing, and installation to determine if this company is the best solar provider for you.
If you’re considering solar, we suggest getting quotes from a few local providers. Use this tool to receive pricing and local incentives for your area.
Is Venture Solar Worth It?
Venture Solar offers customers quality solar panel installation and comprehensive financing options to make solar more accessible. The company’s remote monitoring and straightforward installation make it a solid choice for homeowners who are looking for a solar provider in the Northeast states of Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New York.
Compare the advantages and disadvantages of Venture Solar below.
Pros and Cons of Venture Solar
|Provides transparent information about its three payment options online||Only available in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New York|
|Protects your solar system with a 25-year roof and system warranty||Requires your phone number to submit an online quote|
|Offers remote monitoring through a mobile application|
Venture Solar Services
Venture Solar offers installation services to residential and commercial customers interested in generating renewable energy.
Residential Solar Panel Installation
Venture follows a six-step process to ensure its customers receive a quality solar experience:
- In-home consultation—Venture will conduct a free in-home consultation to explain the solar installation process and review your financing options.
- Site assessment—If you choose to move forward with solar energy from Venture, the company will return to your home to assess your roof and determine the sunlight exposure for your custom system design.
- System agreement—Venture will require you to approve of its proposal and performance expectations before design and installation can begin.
- Design and permitting—Venture will finalize your custom design and pull necessary permits before starting installation.
- Installation and inspections—Your system will be installed by Venture’s professional installers within a day. Once installed, Venture will conduct a system inspection before notifying your local utility company to install your net meter.
- Post-installation support—After installation, Venture will be available for any questions you have about your new solar energy system. You’ll also be able to monitor your system’s performance through a mobile app.
Note: Venture provides commercial customers with large-scale solar systems to help businesses of all sizes save money on their electric bills.
Venture Solar Reviews
Venture Solar holds an A- rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB); however, they have not been accredited by the BBB. Here’s a sample of the company’s BBB customer reviews:
Very little could have improved in my end-to-end experience with Venture Solar. From the start, the sales rep (Dar) was awesome. Very nice, not pushy, took as much time as we needed/wanted to go through things and even came to our house to discuss and walk us through things 3 different times! (mutually agreed of course)… The install team couldn’t have been more professional. Great group of folks that kept me informed along the way, proactively alerted me to any issues they encountered and then proceeded to resolve them. Can’t thank them enough for all the hard work (in 90+ Degree weather). Would recommend this crew to anyone full stop! System looks great, works great, and the process was about as painless as I could imagine! — Ryan L.
I am surprised with some of the reviews I am seeing. I hired venture solar in July and we are very happy with their work! — Angela S.
The sales office wasted my time. During the original call, I specifically asked if they work with my municipal utility. 40 minutes after the original appointment, I call the main company line to ask what is going on. An hour after that, I get a call back saying that they do not work with my utility and they had cancelled the person that was supposed to come out. — Rich L.
*BBB information accurate as of June 2022
Venture Solar Payment Options
To help make solar energy more accessible, Venture Solar offers customers three payment options to fit a variety of needs.
Comparison of Venture Solar Payment Options
|Options||Monthly Lease||Finance-To-Own||Outright Purchase|
|Description||Monthly lease customers pay fixed monthly payments over some time.||Finance-to-own customers pay fixed monthly payments to fully own their system after some time.||Customers who purchase their system outright own the system with no monthly payments.|
|Price||As little as $0 down||As little as $0 down||Full system cost|
|Payment terms||Monthly||Monthly||One-time payment|
|Included care and maintenance||✓||✓||✓|
Solar Panels Used by Venture Solar
Venture Solar uses LG panels during the system installation to provide customers with the following benefits:
- No front-side contacts—LG panels are threaded in a way that increases efficiency by allowing them to capture more sunlight.
- Cello technology—LG panels consist of 12 conductors per cell that promote the flow of energy and keep the panels cool and operational.
- Reinforced frame design—A reinforced frame design helps protect your solar panels from inclement weather like high winds or snow.
Venture Solar Customer Service and Warranties
Venture Solar offers customer service over the phone or through online chat. Additionally, customers can text Venture Solar for convenient customer service.
Venture Solar offers its customers a 25-year bumper-to-bumper warranty to help protect their solar investment. The warranty covers the following:
- Power output
Venture Solar offers homeowners simple solar panel installation with transparent purchasing options. Although the company doesn’t operate nationwide, its regional availability provides local support to ensure each customer’s system is in good working order.
If you’re interested in solar services from a reputable provider, get a free quote by filling out this simple online form.
Compare Venture Solar to Other Solar Providers
|Provider||Venture Solar||ADT Solar (formerly Sunpro Solar)||Tesla|
|Solar services||Solar panel installation||Solar panel and battery back-up installation||Solar panel and battery sales and installation|
|Cost||As little as $0 down||N/A||N/A|
|Service areas||Connecticut, New York, Massachusetts||Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas||Nationwide (installation availability varies by zip code)|
|Warranty length||25-year bumper-to-bumper warranty||25-year power production, panel, inverter, and labor warranty||25-year performance guarantee|
|Payment options||Buy, finance, lease||Buy, finance, lease||Buy, finance, solar subscription|
Venture Solar Overview
- Company name: Venture Solar
- Company type: Private
- CEO: Alex Yackery
- Years in business: 4
- Address: 67 West Street Suite 211, Brooklyn, NY 11222
- Phone: 800-203-4158
- Website: https://venturesolar.com/
Frequently Asked Questions About Venture Solar
Our Rating Methodology
The This Old House Reviews Team is committed to providing comprehensive and unbiased reviews to our readers. This means earning your trust through transparent reviews and having the data to back up our ratings and recommendations. Our rating system for solar panel companies and installers is on a 100-point scale based on five factors:
- Payment options (40 points): Options include purchase, loan, lease, and Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs). Companies receive points for each of those four options it provides.
- Solar services (30 points): Does the company provide in-house installation of solar panels and battery backups? Can the company also monitor energy production and perform energy-efficiency audits to ensure system performance. The more options available, the higher the score.
- Warranty options (10 points): The success of a residential solar system depends on the workmanship, performance guarantees, and length of product coverage. We score solar companies based on the number of warranty options available. The more warranties a solar company offers, the higher the score it receives.
- State Availability (10 points): We award the most points to solar companies with the broadest service area and state availability.
- Reputation (10 points): We factor in how the Business Better Bureau (BBB) scores each company. We deduct points for any alerts or pending lawsuits.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.