A Louisiana home warranty can provide homeowners with the peace of mind that your air conditioner, plumbing, and other systems and appliances can quickly and easily be repaired if a breakdown occurs.
The This Old House Reviews Team is here to help during your search for the perfect home warranty. We’ve scoured the internet, reviewing a variety of providers based on plan options, pricing, customer service, and more. Keep reading for the best home warranty companies in Louisiana.
Louisiana’s Top 3 Home Warranty Companies
The highest rated home warranty companies in Louisiana include:
- American Home Shield: Our Overall Top Pick
- Liberty Home Guard: Most Responsive
- Select Home Warranty: Best Value
The best home warranty companies in Louisiana should provide comprehensive coverage plans at affordable pricing to customers. Below are three Louisiana providers that meet this criteria.
American Home Shield
American Home Shield (AHS) is one of the most experienced home warranty providers, with close to 50 years in the business. It offers three home warranty plans, a network of 17,000 contractors, and has paid out $2 billion in home warranty claims in the last five years.
Pros and Cons
✔ Provides 24/7 customer service
✔ The most experienced provider in the industry
✔ Covers items damaged due to rust and corrosion
✘ Not as many add-ons as competitors
✘ More expensive than Select Home Warranty
Plans and Pricing
Customers can choose between a service fee of $75, $100, and $125—the cheaper the service fee, the more expensive the monthly premium.
Here’s a look at what each plan would cost with a $75 service fee:
- ShieldSilver: $54.99 per month
- ShieldGold: $64.99 per month
- ShieldPlatinum: $79.99 per month
Learn more: American Home Shield Review
Liberty Home Guard
Liberty Home Guard (LHG) offers three comprehensive plan options, an impressive suite of add-ons, a workmanship guarantee that’s double the length of the industry average, and a responsive customer service team available through the company’s live chat feature. For these reasons, we recommend LHG as one of the top choices for Louisiana homeowners.
Pros and Cons
✔ Offers up to 38 additional coverage options, including TV mounting, carpet cleaning, and pest control
✔ Provides a 60-day workmanship guarantee
✔ Includes a built-in live chat customer support feature
✘ Doesn’t display service call fee during quote process
✘ Prices monthly plans higher than many competitors
Plans and Pricing
According to a representative, Liberty Home Guard assigns a service call fee to your account based on your location, add-ons, and plan selection. This fee will always fall between $65 and $125.
Here’s a look at Liberty Home Guard’s monthly plan pricing:
- Appliance Guard: $69.99 per month
- Systems Guard: $74.99 per month
- Total Home Guard: $79.99 per month
To request a customized quote, call or fill out Liberty Home Guard’s online form.
Learn more: Liberty Home Guard Review
Select Home Warranty
Select Home Warranty is another company that we recommend for Louisiana homeowners. Learn more about the company below.
Pros and Cons
✔ Offers discounts when you sign up for several years of coverage
✔ Includes roof coverage
✔ Provides coverage for rental properties
✘ Charges a $75 cancellation fee after the first 30 days
Plans and Pricing
Select Home Warranty offers three plans to customers: Gold Care, Bronze Care, and Platinum Care. Gold Care covers six major home systems, Bronze Care covers eight home appliances, and Platinum Care covers everything under the Gold Care and Bronze Care plans, plus a few extra home systems and appliances.
The service fee for Select Home Warranty plans will range between $60–$75 per repair or replacement.
Here’s a cost breakdown of each Select Home Warranty plan:
- Gold Care: $52.00 per month
- Bronze Care: $52.00 per month
- Platinum Care: $58.00 per month
Learn more: Select Home Warranty Review
American Home Shield is our top pick for Louisiana homeowners due to its comprehensive plan options with high coverage caps, its positive industry reputation, and pricing flexibility. We also recommend Liberty Home Guard for customers who want to be able to conveniently contact customer support through live chat, and we recommend Select Home Warranty for homeowners on a budget.
Finding the right home warranty provider can be a hassle, which is why the This Old House Reviews Team has laid out the three best home warranty options in Louisiana. Whether you live in Baton Rouge or Shreveport, we encourage you to get a quote from all three providers in this article since plan pricing will vary by region, type of coverage, and square footage of a home.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our Rating Methodology
The This Old House Reviews Team is committed to providing comprehensive and unbiased reviews to our readers, and we aim to provide transparency in our review standards and research process.
Our research process includes speaking with representatives from more than 40 home warranty providers, requesting quotes, and asking clarifying questions to gain insight into each provider’s benefits and downsides. We also analyze sample contracts from each company to understand specific coverage terms.
To rate companies, we apply the data we have gathered to our review standards. These standards are on a 100-point scoring system, which is detailed below:
- Coverage (35 points): Providers are scored based on breadth and depth of coverage. We focused on key home systems (HVAC, plumbing, and electrical), essential appliances (refrigerator, ovens, and laundry machines), and unique coverage items (such as roof-leak coverage and code violation allowances). Coverage scores are weighted by taking into account coverage caps and other limiting factors, meaning providers with greater range of coverage and higher coverage caps score the highest.
- Value (30 points): A company’s plan value is a reflection of how well it serves the customer in comparison to what the customer pays for the policy. We accounted for monthly costs, service call fees, and cost flexibility (such as customizable service call fees, discounts, and multi-year policies).
- Trustworthiness and Transparency (21 points): Trustworthiness and transparency are a reflection of how well the provider considers the customer’s interests. We scored items such as the length of workmanship guarantees, online availability of a sample contract, policy change flexibility, and ease of cancellation. Additionally, we scored items that reflect industry reputation and customer satisfaction, including analyzing brand reputation across the Better Business Bureau and third-party customer review aggregators.
- Availability and Service (14 points): Quality of customer service is key to customer satisfaction. We dug into each provider’s guaranteed response times, claims processes, service flexibility, emergency availability, and more.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.