AFC Home Club is a top-rated home warranty provider. The company has been around for 12 years and is trusted in its industry. In this AFC Home Club review, you’ll find information about plans, pricing, customer feedback, and how the company compares to the competition.
Our Take on AFC Home Club
We gave AFC Home Club a rating of 90 out of 100 and named it the home warranty company that’s ‘Best for Customization’ for 2022. It has a wide variety of plans, has nationwide availability, and holds a B rating from the BBB.
Pros and Cons of AFC Home Club
✔ Guarantees parts and labor for the life of your membership
✔ 24/7 customer service
✔ Offers benefits like free credit monitoring, identity protection alerts, and Emergency Alert Network services
✘ Isn’t available in CA or HI
✘ Must submit a claim within one day after noticing an issue with a system or appliance
✘ Charges a $75 cancellation fee
AFC Home Club Plans & Coverage
Unlike other home warranty companies in the industry, which typically offer three plans, AFC Home Club offers four plans: Platinum, Gold, Silver, and Systems. Compare home warranty plan options and covered items in the chart below.
|Garage door opener||-||✔||✔||✔|
In addition to these plans, AFC Home Club also offers optional coverage for items such as a sump pump, well pump, pool and spa, septic system, hot water dispenser, standalone freezer, central vacuum, and tankless water heater. Before signing up for a plan, remember to review your coverage and check for the fine print in your contract surrounding pre-existing conditions—this will clearly define what is and isn’t covered in your plan.
AFC Home Club Pricing
Plans range from $31–$54 a month. In addition to paying a monthly fee, customers will also have to pay a service fee every time a technician comes out to address the covered item in question. Customers have the option to choose a service fee between $75–$125. Typically, a lower service fee means a higher monthly premium whereas a higher service fee means a lower monthly premium.
|Platinum||$49.50–$54 per month|
|Gold||$45–$49.50 per month|
|Silver||$31.50–$36 per month|
|Systems||$38.25–$42.75 per month|
Note: The price of an AFC home warranty will depend on the type of coverage you choose, the add-ons you include in your plan, where you live, and the length of your contract.
AFC Home Club is available in 48 states nationwide. It is not available in 2 states including California and Hawaii.
For those living in HI or CA, here are alternatives:
AFC Home Club Reviews
After reading hundreds of customer reviews about AFC Home Club and rating the company based on factors such as price, state availability, and customer service, the This Old House Reviews Team recommends AFC Home Club as a top home warranty provider. In particular, homeowners seeking a wide range of plan options should get a quote from AFC Home Club, as the company offers its customers more options than most competitors.
This company has a B rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB). This rating is based on complaints received from the public and other company information—customer reviews are not included in this rating.
While most reviews are positive, even the best home warranty companies have negative reviews. Here are a few AFC Home Club reviews from the BBB:
“Technician arrived on time, quickly diagnosed the problem with my electric garage door opener, and quickly made the necessary repair.” — Steve R. on March 23, 2020
“I was very impressed with the fast service. I was called on the same day I filed a claim. Not so with another home service plan we have used for other items not covered by Choice. The repairman who came was local and he was very pleasant and knew what he was doing. I really appreciate the quality of service and the fast response time.” — Teresa B.E. on March 7, 2020
“One of your service techs tried to rip me off for $80.00 above service call. I contacted AFC and they agreed that was improper and I did not [accept] this company’s bid. Be aware not all of their subcontractors are honest. I’ve only put in for 3 minor claims and 2 of the three were honest and very proficient.” — Teresa C. on March 3, 2019
The This Old House Reviews Team rated AFC Home Club 90 out of 100. We recommend it for people who want to choose between a variety of plans and who want to enjoy additional benefits, like free credit monitoring and emergency alert services, on top of traditional home warranty coverage. AFC Home Club is also one of the few home warranty providers that allow customers to choose their own service contractor for repair work.
Unsure if AFC Home Club is right for you? Compare this home warranty company to other competitors and consider getting quotes from multiple—this will give you a better idea of plan and pricing options, allowing you to find the best home warranty plan.
|Affiliate Link||Star Rating||BBB Rating||Monthly Cost||Service Fee|
|American Home Shield||VISIT SITE||B||$40–$58||$75–$125|
|Choice Home Warranty||VISIT SITE||B||$36–$44||$60–85|
|Liberty Home Guard||VISIT SITE||A+||$40–$60||$65–$125|
|Select Home Warranty||VISIT SITE||C||$36–$38||$60–$75|
|First American Home Warranty||VISIT SITE||B+||$36–$38||$75|
|Cinch Home Services||VISIT SITE||B||$35–$62||$100–$150|
|AFC Home Club||VISIT SITE||B||$38–$54||$75–$125|
|Priority Home Warranty||VISIT SITE||C+||$33–$47||$70|
|First American Home Warranty|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Company name: America’s First Choice Home Club (AFC Home Club)
- CEO: John B. Craddock
- Address: 1337 Canton Road, Suite B
- City/State: Marietta, GA
- Zipcode: 30066
Our Rating Methodology
The This Old House Reviews Team is committed to providing comprehensive and unbiased reviews to our readers, and we aim to provide transparency in our review standards and research process.
Our research process includes speaking with representatives from more than 40 home warranty providers, requesting quotes, and asking clarifying questions to gain insight into each provider’s benefits and downsides. We also analyze sample contracts from each company to understand specific coverage terms.
To rate companies, we apply the data we have gathered to our review standards. These standards are on a 100-point scoring system, which is detailed below:
- Coverage (35 points): Providers are scored based on breadth and depth of coverage. We focused on key home systems (HVAC, plumbing, and electrical), essential appliances (refrigerator, ovens, and laundry machines), and unique coverage items (such as roof-leak coverage and code violation allowances). Coverage scores are weighted by taking into account coverage caps and other limiting factors, meaning providers with greater range of coverage and higher coverage caps score the highest.
- Value (30 points): A company’s plan value is a reflection of how well it serves the customer in comparison to what the customer pays for the policy. We accounted for monthly costs, service call fees, and cost flexibility (such as customizable service call fees, discounts, and multi-year policies).
- Trustworthiness and Transparency (21 points): Trustworthiness and transparency are a reflection of how well the provider considers the customer’s interests. We scored items such as the length of workmanship guarantees, online availability of a sample contract, policy change flexibility, and ease of cancellation. Additionally, we scored items that reflect industry reputation and customer satisfaction, including analyzing brand reputation across the Better Business Bureau and third-party customer review aggregators.
- Availability and Service (14 points): Quality of customer service is key to customer satisfaction. We dug into each provider’s guaranteed response times, claims processes, service flexibility, emergency availability, and more.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.