SunLux serves California and Texas homeowners with comprehensive solar installation and flexible financing options. The company is transparent about what each customer can expect from a SunLux solar system and supports each system with extensive warranties. Read on to learn more about SunLux installation, warranties, and financing options to decide if this solar provider is the best solar company for you and your home.
If you’re thinking about solar energy for your home, fill out this simple form to learn about pricing and available incentives in your area.
Is SunLux Worth It?
SunLux offers California and Texas homeowners solar panel installation with comprehensive warranties and flexible payment options. The company’s extensive installation process and trusted solar offerings make it a solid choice for California and Texas residents.
Compare the advantages and disadvantages of SunLux below.
Pros and Cons of SunLux
|Allows customers to estimate their solar savings through an online calculator||Only available in California and Texas|
|Protects equipment and installation through three extensive warranties||Requires your phone number to book a free consultation|
|Monitors each customer’s system to ensure system efficiency|
SunLux Solar Power Services
SunLux specializes in residential panel installation and follows a stringent process to bring solar energy to its customers promptly. The five-step process includes:
- Site evaluation—SunLux will send a project manager to your home for a site evaluation, which will include roof measurements and a roof shading inspection and provide the design team with the necessary information for your system.
- Design and engineering—A solar panel designer will create your custom solar package that’s specific to your home and energy needs.
- Permitting—SunLux will compile the necessary paperwork and pull your municipality’s required permits.
- Installation—Installation will begin as soon as the necessary permits are obtained. Construction will be completed by a certified SunLux crew and you’ll have access to an onsite foreman if any issues or concerns arise.
- Inspection and permission to operate (PTO)—After the installation, SunLux will schedule an inspector from your municipality to examine the installation to ensure it’s up to code. Once the inspector approves the system, the company will submit a PTO package to your local utility provider to begin operation.
Note: For customers who want to store their excess solar energy, SunLux offers solar batteries from brands like Tesla, LG, and Enphase that can be installed during system installation.
Cost of SunLux
SunLux offers an online calculator that helps homeowners estimate their potential solar cost and savings. To give you an idea of your estimated savings with SunLux, the This Old House Reviews Team received an estimate for a home in California with an average monthly utility bill of $110.
SunLux Solar Pricing Chart
|Monthly Solar Bill||Estimated Cost of Solar System||Utility Cost Without Solar*||Lifetime Savings*|
*Based on a 25-year estimate
SunLux offers customers four options for purchasing their solar panel system and battery back-up: purchase, finance, lease, and prepaid.
- Purchase—Customers can purchase their solar system outright to receive immediate savings. SunLux requires a $1,000 deposit to start, but the rest can be paid once the installation is completed to your satisfaction.
- Finance—The company gives customers the option of financing their solar system through a short- or long-term loan with as little as $0 down.
- Lease—Lease customers pay nothing for solar installation and are locked into a low monthly rate for 20 years.
- Prepaid—The prepaid payment option allows customers to enter into a power purchase agreement (PPA) with Sunlux where they pay a low, set rate for their electricity over 20 years. In a PPA, SunLux owns and maintains the system.
SunLux Solar Panels
SunLux partners with manufacturers that produce efficient solar panels that are protected by extensive warranties.
SunLux uses some of the best solar panels for installation, such as the following brands:
SunLux Warranties and Accreditation
SunLux protects its installation with the following three warranties that cover equipment, maintenance, and system performance:
- 25-year equipment guarantee—This warranty covers every hardware component for 25 years, including the solar panels, inverter, and racking system.
- 25-year maintenance warranty—This warranty covers all parts, labor, and shipping costs for any repair or replacement your system needs for 25 years.
- 25-year performance guarantee—This guarantee ensures the production output that is detailed in your contract for 25 years. If your system doesn’t generate the estimated amount of power, SunLux will reimburse you for the difference and optimize your system at no charge.
SunLux is accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and holds an A+ rating from the company. Here’s a sample of the company’s BBB customer reviews:
“Sunlux Solar answered all of our questions truthfully. We researched many other companies and they could not answer all the questions. Sunlux provided a very professional service and we would be happy to refer them to anyone looking for a solar company.” — Andrew G.
“We looked at multiple companies for solar [for] over a year. Sunlux was professional from the first point of contact. Between their customer service, installers, and employees, everyone was helpful and respectful. Getting solar was the best decision we made and I would highly recommend Sunlux.” — Kim H.
SunLux provides California and Texas homeowners with quality solar panel installation protected by comprehensive warranties. Additionally, the company’s transparent installation process from start to finish and selection of financing options eases the customer transition to solar.
If you’re considering SunLux, use this tool to compare local solar pricing and available incentives in your area.
Compare SunLux to Other Solar Providers
|Solar services||Solar panel and battery back-up installation||Solar panel and battery installation||Solar panel sales and installation, battery back-up, solar roof|
|Service areas||California and Texas||Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington D.C.||Nationwide (installation availability varies by zip code)|
|Panels offered||Panasonic, LG, Qcell||N/A||Tesla|
|Warranty length||25-year equipment, 25-year maintenance, and 25-year performance warranty||10-year workmanship, 20-year power (lease and PPA plan only), 25-year linear performance warranty||25-year performance guarantee|
|Payment options||Buy, finance, lease, power purchase agreement||Buy, finance, lease, power purchase agreement||Buy, finance, solar subscription|
- Company name: SunLux Energy
- Company type: Private
- CEO: Josip Benko
- Years in business: 5
- Address: 10860 6th Street, Rancho Cucamonga, California 91730
- Phone: 877-467-6712
- Website: https://www.sunlux.com/
Frequently Asked Questions About SunLux
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.