Samsung Washer Warranty Review (2023)
When you buy a Samsung appliance, you’ll receive a Samsung manufacturer’s warranty to protect your item. You aren’t legally required to register your warranty, but if you do, the company notifies you of recalls or relevant product information and may offer deals on future products.
In this Samsung washer warranty review, the This Old House Reviews Team discusses coverage, pricing, and customer reviews so you can decide on the best warranty for your appliances. We’ll also compare a Samsung washer warranty to a home warranty and recommend the best home warranty provider for complete home protection.
Samsung Washer Warranty Coverage
A Samsung washer warranty protects your clothes washer against manufacturing defects in materials or workmanship. It doesn’t protect against everyday wear and tear or damage caused by improper installation.
Under a Samsung warranty, Samsung guarantees repairs, replacements, or a refund of the purchase price. However, you must use a Samsung-authorized service technician and return any replaced parts to Samsung after repair work is complete.
Samsung washer warranty coverage will depend on the type of washer you buy. For reference, Samsung sells 2-in-1, front-load, and top-load washers.
Here’s the coverage you can expect from a Samsung washer warranty:
- One year of coverage on all parts and labor
- Three years of coverage on the stainless tub part only
- 10 years of coverage on the washing DD motor part only
Samsung Premium Care for Extended Coverage
If you wish to purchase an extended Samsung warranty, you can choose the Samsung Home Appliance Premium Care for a three- or five-year term. Here’s what the warranty offers:
- 100% coverage on parts repair and labor for normal wear and tear—This begins after the manufacturer warranty expires.
- Power surge coverage—This covers any repairs if your equipment fails due to a power surge.
- In-home product tutorial conducted by a Samsung Care Pro—A Samsung professional will meet you in person to answer questions and help you better understand your new appliance.
Unlike the Samsung washer warranty, this extended warranty does cover breakdowns or failures due to normal wear and tear. It doesn’t cover any loss due to abuse, negligence, pre-existing conditions, rust, corrosion, theft, damage from weather, or any loss covered under a manufacturer’s warranty.
Samsung Washer Warranty Pricing
With a Samsung washer extended warranty, you can expect to pay the following:
- $114.99 on a three-year plan
- $199.99 on a five-year plan
Note: The maximum payment on repairs and replacements will not exceed the purchase amount paid for the product. Samsung washers and dryers typically cost anywhere between $499–$1,978.
Samsung Washer Warranty Claims Process
To file a claim, call Samsung at 866-371-9501.
There’s no deductible when you make a claim request and no waiting period between when you sign up for a warranty and when coverage starts.
Samsung Washer Warranty Reviews
The Better Business Bureau (BBB) accredited Samsung and gave it an A+ rating. However, Samsung has received mixed reviews from customers. Some Samsung washer customers have said:
“I had a cosmetic issue (over time) on the front load washer…. Samsung fixed it… I am now a loyal customer of Samsung’s.” — Kathy on January 19, 2020
“I have never had a more frustrating experience with a company and will never buy anything from Samsung again. I don’t trust the company to honor their warranties, nor make any effort to get things right when one of their products malfunctions.” — Jordan F. on January 15, 2020
Best Front-Load Washer
This front-load washer has over five cubic feet of capacity and can run a full load of wash in as little as 28 minutes. It also utilizes AI OptiWash technology to determine the fabric type and soil levels and adjust the wash time as needed.$1,099 On Samsung
Best Top-Load Washer
If you prefer a top-load washer, consider this Samsung model with a capacity of 5.5 cubic feet and Wi-Fi connectivity for maximum convenience. Like the Samsung Bespoke Ultra Capacity Front Load Washer, this washer can also wash loads in only 28 minutes and it also includes a built-in water faucet that lets you easily pretreat stained clothes.$899 On Samsung
Best Washer-Dryer Set
If you’re looking instead for a washer-dryer set, this combo from Samsung provides all of the features of the Bespoke Front-Load Washer with a stylish flat-panel dryer that has nearly 8 cubic feet of capacity. The included dryer also includes a super-speed dry setting, Wi-Fi connectivity, an optimal drying feature that removes the guesswork out of cycle selection.$1,898 Courtesy Samsung
The extended Samsung washer warranty doesn’t have an enrollment period. Additionally, you can cancel anytime. With a Samsung warranty, you also get access to a Samsung specialist who can help set up your clothes washing machine, explaining what to do in person and how to maintain it successfully.
Though an extended warranty from Samsung can save you costs in the long run, it’s not as affordable or as valuable as a home warranty which protects washers and other popular home appliances like refrigerators, clothes dryers, and more. Home warranties can be purchased at any time during homeownership and typically come with a 24/7 customer service team and nationwide access to pre-screened, certified contractors.
After reviewing the top home warranty companies, the This Old House Reviews Team found that Liberty Home Guard and American Home Shield are the best for Samsung customers.
Top Home Warranty Companies
Below our some of our top-rated home warranty companies:
|Best For||Monthly Cost||Service Fee||BBB Rating||Link|
|Liberty Home Guard||Best Customer Ratings||$49–$59||$65–$125||A||VISIT SITE|
|American Home Shield||Best for Comprehensive Coverage||$49–$109||$100–$125||B||VISIT SITE|
|Select Home Warranty||Best Value||$44–$47||$60–$75||B-||VISIT SITE|
|AFC Home Club||Best for Customization||$34–$53||$75–$125||B||VISIT SITE|
|First American Home Warranty||Best Appliance Coverage||$42–$82||$75–$125||B||VISIT SITE|
|Elite Home Warranty||Flexible Coverage||$55–$75||$70||A||VISIT SITE|
|Cinch Home Services||Best Additional Perks||$47–$64||$100–$150||B||VISIT SITE|
|2-10 Home Buyers Warranty||Cheapest Appliances Plan||$22–$74||$65–$100||A-||VISIT SITE|
|Liberty Home Guard|
|Best For||Best Customer Ratings|
|American Home Shield|
|Best For||Best for Comprehensive Coverage|
|Select Home Warranty|
|Best For||Best Value|
|AFC Home Club|
|Best For||Best for Customization|
|First American Home Warranty|
|Best For||Best Appliance Coverage|
|Elite Home Warranty|
|Best For||Flexible Coverage|
|Cinch Home Services|
|Best For||Best Additional Perks|
Ultimately, we believe that American Home Shield (AHS) is the best home warranty company overall. With nearly 50 years of experience in the home warranty industry, AHS offers many benefits to Samsung customers, including the following:
- High coverage caps on systems and appliances
- 24/7 customer service by phone, online, or through the mobile app
- Service in 48 states
- The option to lower monthly premiums by choosing a higher service call fee
- A nationwide network of certified contractors
For comparison, here’s a Samsung washer warranty compared to an American Home Shield protection plan:
|Provider||Samsung Washer Warranty||American Home Shield|
One year on all parts and labor from the date of product purchase
One year with the option of renewing from the date of plan purchase
Manufacturing defects in materials or workmanship
Everyday wear and tear, undetectable pre-existing conditions, older items, items without maintenance records, improper installations, and malfunctions due to sediment, rust, or corrosion
No, but you can purchase a two-year extended warranty
How to Shop for Appliances
Shopping for a major appliance, such as a washer, is a big commitment. To ensure you’re fully prepared to make the right purchase, it helps to do as much research in advance as possible. Looking into factors such as the brand’s warranty is an important step. Here are other important steps to take before purchasing an appliance:
- Set a Budget: Setting a budget in advance and sticking to it can help you avoid stretching out of your comfort zone or being roped into purchasing add-ons you don’t need. Having a budget in advance will also help you narrow your choices right out of the gate.
- Identifying Top Features: Before buying an appliance, research the top features and decide which are the most important to you. For example, if you’re buying a washer, you may be most concerned about load capacity. Or, you could be more interested in factors like noise level or energy efficiency.
- Be Aware of Brands: While it’s not a guarantee, it’s much more likely that a well-established brand will make a high-quality product than an unrecognized one. For example, Samsung is a trusted brand for washers and all other major appliances. Check professional and customer reviews of a brand you’re considering buying from before purchasing to ensure it’s reputable.
- Check Sizes in Advance: Picture this: You find the perfect washer and dryer set for your home and purchase in-store. But when the delivery person comes to install it, they tell you you don’t have enough space, and you have to send it back. Sounds like a nightmare, right? Measure the space where you plan on installing an appliance ahead of time to help avoid a similar situation, and only shop for appliances that size or smaller.
- Don’t Forget About Durability: While having the most up-to-date features are important, remember that a major appliance is supposed to last you for years. Ensure that the model you’re purchasing is well-designed and won’t easily break or damage so you can avoid having to shop for a replacement sooner than expected.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I check if my Samsung washer is still under warranty?
You can check your washer’s warranty by logging into Samsung’s Online Warranty Checker. You must create an online account and register your washer before checking your warranty.
What are the benefits of a home warranty?
There are several benefits of a home warranty. The main benefit is that a home warranty can cover expensive washer breakdowns, meaning you don’t have to set aside emergency savings to cover those expenses. A home warranty also sends professional service technicians directly to your home when you request service, saving you time sourcing your own. A home warranty covers additional home appliances and systems, while a Samsung warranty only covers your washer.
How long does it take for a home warranty to repair my washer?
Home warranty providers typically address a claim within 48 business hours. The time it takes varies per provider.
What do home warranties not cover?
Home warranties typically don’t cover routine maintenance for your washer, removal and disposal fees, or preexisting conditions. We recommend reading a provider’s sample contract to determine what its policy doesn’t cover before signing up.
Our Rating Methodology
We back up our home warranty ratings and recommendations with a detailed rating methodology to score each provider objectively. We conduct research by speaking with company representatives, requesting quotes, analyzing sample contracts, and conducting focus groups and consumer surveys.
We score each provider against our review standards, which include four comparison categories: coverage, value, trust and transparency, and availability and service. We rate each provider across 31 factors within these categories. Each factor is assigned a point value based on its importance to a homeowner, totaling 100 points. We then convert the final scores to a 5-star rating.
Here’s a breakdown of our weighted factors:
- Coverage (40%): We scored coverage based on included home systems and appliances, add-on options, and unique benefits. We also compared coverage caps and policy exclusions.
- Additional coverage items
- Annual coverage cap
- Home systems coverage
- Major appliances coverage
- Obstructed wall coverage cap
- Value (30%): We compared the coverage level received to monthly pricing to determine plan value. We considered premium pricing, service fees, and flexibility in customizing plan costs.
- Average monthly cost
- Cost flexibility
- Lowest service fee
- Trust and Transparency (16%): We evaluated each company’s reputation using the Better Business Bureau ratings and customer reviews on third-party review sites. We read through plan change policies, workmanship protections, and sample contract availability.
- Brand reputation
- Policy change flexibility
- Sample contract availability
- Workmanship guarantee length
- Availability and Service (14%): We award higher scores for faster claim processing and response times. We also considered service technician policies, including options to choose your technician.
- Claims process
- Guaranteed response time
- Service flexibility
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.