Step by Step ProjectsTips from the ProsAffordable Remodels
When removing a vintage 1959 Kenmore wall oven, the door fell apart. Insulation fell out as a result. Does anyone know if this insulation is most likely fiberglass, or, I hope not, asbestos? What was used in Kenmore's back then. Thanks!
I mean, it could have been; however, asbestos isn't exactly "deadly" as many of the shows make it out to be. CJ7s don't flip over, and Gremlins don't explode on contact.
The asbestos becomes an issue with continued contact... IE: people who worked in factories or who worked doing jobs where asbestos was present (in particle form) on a regular basis. If you were exposed to it once, it's not going to cause you any real issue.
Like Todd stated, I really doubt you have any worries, unless you ate all the insulation that was in the door. And then, welllll, I doubt if even then.
Handy Andy in Mt Airy NC