How to Find Replacement Parts
First, you’ll need to know your door’s size and “handing.”
- For size, measure the height and width of the sliding panel’s exposed glass.
- To determine handing, look at the closed door from the outside. If the sliding panel is on the right, your door is “right-handed.”
How do I find the manufacturer of my sliding glass door?
Your best source of replacement parts will be the retailers that sell new doors of the same make as yours. The manufacturer’s name is usually stamped on the hardware or etched in a corner of the glass.
Sliding Screen Door Maintenance
Lightweight and relatively frail, sliding screens are often the most problem-plagued component of a sliding-door assembly. While the basic maintenance steps are the same, there are a few crucial differences.
- •When removing the door, move it to the center of the opening and lift it off the bottom track first. When replacing it, insert it into the bottom track last.
- •Some screen rollers can’t be removed; they have to be cleaned and lubricated in place. Also, check the top of the screen. Some have top rollers or springs that need cleaning.
- •Screens slide in a separate plastic track mounted to the top of the door frame. Make sure the track is secure; if it’s loose, glue it in place every 3 to 4 inches with an adhesive meant for plastic.
For More: How to Repair Your Sliding Door