Home>Discussions>DOORS & WINDOWS>Thumbturn for old mortise lock
2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Thumbturn for old mortise lock

Is there such a thing as a thumbturn for an old mortise lock? It uses a skelton key, and all the thumbturns I've seen are rectangular and don't fit. I could replace the mortise lock with one that accepts a rectangular thumbturn, but that's expensive, and the existing lock is brand new. Any ideas? Thanks.

Re: Thumbturn for old mortise lock

Modify a skelton key.

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.