With an emphasis on teaching its customers and the community the benefits of switching to solar energy, Sun Tribe ensures that its services go beyond installation. Read our review on Sun Tribe solar services, installation, purchasing plans, and customer service to decide if they’re the best solar provider for you.
If you’re considering going solar, we recommend getting a few quotes. Use this tool to get matched with local providers and incentives.
Is Sun Tribe Solar Worth It?
Sun Tribe Solar offers schools, governments, and large corporations solar energy solutions designed to fit their needs. Their installers are experienced and North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP)-certified, making them a solid choice for customers looking for large-scale solar installations.
Compare the advantages and disadvantages of Sun Tribe Solar below.
Pros and Cons of Sun Tribe Solar
|Partners with a national non-profit to bring solar education to its school partners||Doesn’t offer residential solar installation|
|Offers customers the option to finance or enter into a power purchase agreement (PPA)||Doesn’t provide online pricing information|
|Uses in-house installers that are certified by NABCEP|
Sun Tribe Solar Panel Installation
Sun Tribe Solar partners with schools, government agencies, industries, landowners, and commercial businesses to design systems that fit their individual needs.
- Schools—Sun Tribe works alongside public schools, private schools, and higher education institutions to install systems that can help schools save money. Sun Tribe works in conjunction with educators, staff, and the local community to ensure installation is conducted safely and is up to standards.
- Government—From the local to federal level, Sun Tribe offers governments solar energy solutions to begin generating renewable energy for their communities.
- Industry—Sun Tribe helps a variety of industries, like data centers and manufacturing plants, become eco-friendly through expanding their power consumption to include clean solar energy.
- Land Owners—Sun Tribe offers landowners the opportunity to lease their acreage to the company and invest in solar energy.
- Commercial businesses—Sun Tribe offers solar solutions to supermarkets, retail stores, and other businesses looking to reduce their electric bill and carbon footprint.
Regardless if they’re working with a local government or public school system, Sun Tribe Solar offers a four-step integrated installation process that allows customers to realize their solar goals.
- Development—During development, Sun Tribe educates each customer on the benefits of solar energy and evaluates each site to address the logistics of panel installation.
- Engineering—Sun Tribe engineers design a custom solar energy system to match your solar energy goals.
- Procurement—During the procurement process, Sun Tribe ensures the necessary equipment and approvals are attained before proceeding with the installation.
- Construction—Using their Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)-trained and NABCEP-certified installers, Sun Tribe brings your project to life by installing your custom system.
Note: The installation process looks a little different for landowners, as Sun Tribe requires them to lease their land and hand over operation and maintenance responsibilities.
Solar Education through Sun Tribe
Through their partnership with The Need Project, a non-profit focused on long-term solar education training for teachers and administrators, Sun Tribe offers a curriculum integration program to their school partners.
The program provides resources to teachers so students can enjoy the following benefits:
- Internship opportunities
- Access to solar panels
- Real-time analysis of their solar system
- Hands-on experience with Sun Tribe experts
Payment Options with Sun Tribe Solar
Because each customer’s system is different, the cost of a solar energy system through Sun Tribe varies. Typically, system costs are affected by a variety of factors, including:
- The building’s electrical demand
- The size and slope of the roof
- Choice of solar panels
- Labor costs
To help partners purchase their solar energy system, Sun Tribe gives customers the option of purchasing, financing, or entering a PPA.
Sun Tribe Solar Payment Options
|Description||Customers can choose to purchase the system outright||Financing allows customers to own the system through set monthly payments||Customers purchase electricity monthly but don’t own the system|
|Payments||One-time payment||Set monthly payments||An agreed-upon price over a set period of time|
|System Owner||Customer||Customer||Sun Tribe Solar|
Sun Tribe Customer Service and Accreditation
Sun Tribe Solar offers phone and email support for general and press inquiries. Additionally, the company offers an internal blog, keeping customers and interested parties up to date on the company and their work.
Sun Tribe Solar employs installers certified by NABCEP, an organization for professionals in the renewable energy industry. To become certified, applicants must complete multiple training courses, earn credits by installing at least two systems, and pass the qualifying exam.
If you’re looking for a solar energy system from a provider that specializes in commercial and industrial installation, Sun Tribe Solar may be a good option. Although the company doesn’t install residential systems, it does work with a variety of partners to bring sustainable energy solutions to local and national entities.
If you’re interested in Sun Tribe Solar, we recommend using our comparison tool to get matched with the best local quotes and incentives.
Compare Sun Tribe Solar to Other Solar Providers
|Provider||Sun Tribe Solar||Infinity Energy||Semper Solaris|
|Provider||Sun Tribe Solar||Infinity Energy||Semper Solaris|
|Solar services||Solar panel and battery back-up installation||Solar panel and battery installation||Solar panel installation, battery back-up installation, solar maintenance services|
|Service areas||Eastern United States||California and Texas||California|
|Panels offered||N/A||Solana, LG, Silfab||Silfab, LG, Panasonic, Solaria|
|Warranty length||N/A||25-year manufacturer warranty and 10-year labor warranty||25-year bumper-to-bumper warranty|
|Payment options||Buy, finance, power purchase agreement||Buy, finance, lease, power purchase agreement||Buy, finance, power purchase agreement|
Sun Tribe Solar Overview
- Company name: Sun Tribe Solar LLC
- Company type: Private
- CEO: Devin Welch
- Years in business: 3
- Address: 108 2nd Street SW Suite #10, Monticello, VA 22902
- Phone: 1-800-214-4579
- Website: https://suntribesolar.com/
Frequently Asked Questions About Sun Tribe Solar
How long does a solar system last?
Typically, solar panels see a significant decrease in power output within 25 years of installation.
Will solar installation damage my roof?
No. If the installation is conducted by industry professionals, your roof shouldn’t be damaged during the solar panel installation process.
Do solar panels work at night?
No. Solar panels are unable to generate energy at night. If you want to access solar energy during non-sunlight hours, look into solar battery back-up. With a solar battery, you’re able to harness excess energy generated by your panels for future use during the night or in the middle of a power outage.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.