Affordable Solar has installed over 2,500 solar arrays for a variety of customers located across the state of New Mexico. The company offers installation services to residential and commercial customers and has completed solar projects for companies like Facebook and Walmart.
Affordable Solar scales its systems to fit each customer’s needs by following a comprehensive solar installation process. Through multiple warranties and industry-certified installers, Affordable Energy helps customers make the transition to solar energy.
If you’re considering solar, we suggest getting a few quotes from local providers. Use this tool to receive pricing and local incentives in your area.
Is Affordable Solar Worth It?
Affordable Solar offers homeowners and businesses solar solutions protected by comprehensive warranties. The company’s A+ rating on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and extensive installation process make it a solid choice for customers in New Mexico.
Compare the advantages and disadvantages of Affordable Solar below.
Pros and Cons of Affordable Solar
|Protects solar systems with three warranties||Doesn’t offer homeowner financing options|
|Employs installers certified by the North American Board of Energy Practitioners (NABCEP)||Is only available in New Mexico|
|Offers customers the chance to earn $250 through its referral program|
Affordable Solar Installation
Affordable Solar provides installation services to homeowners, utility companies, and industries throughout New Mexico.
Residential Solar Services
Affordable Solar’s residential installation includes constructing a custom system for homeowners that’s operational in as little as eight weeks. Affordable Solar is responsible for the entire installation process and guides customers through the following six steps:
- Phone consultation—Customers start the installation process by calling Affordable Solar or filling out an online form. During the phone consultation, Affordable Solar will learn about your electrical needs and why you’re interested in solar.
- Quote—Affordable Solar will analyze your home’s infrastructure and energy bill to develop a solar plan unique to you and your home’s energy needs. The company will then direct you to a financier to help you pay for the solar panel costs.
- Design—One of Affordable Solar’s designers will create a custom solar array system for your home.
- Permitting—Affordable Solar will acquire the necessary permits to begin installing your system.
- Installation—Once the necessary paperwork is filed, Affordable Solar will install your system within two days. After installation, the company will schedule a system inspection and direct you to call your local utility company to finish system connection.
- Monitoring—Affordable Solar will give you 24/7 access to your system’s energy analytics through an app on your phone or computer.
Commercial Solar Services
Affordable Solar works with utility companies to provide custom solar array systems to commercial customers and helps businesses improve their bottom line and practice social responsibility. In the past, Affordable Solar has worked with a variety of partners, including the Public Service Company of New Mexico and the Kroger Company.
Businesses and commercial real estate owners who select Affordable Solar for their system installation have access to a flexible financing option called Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy (C-PACE). C-PACE comes in the form of a fixed loan that’s paid through property taxes.
Affordable Solar Warranties and Accreditations
Affordable Solar offers customers protection for their solar systems through three comprehensive warranties.
- A five-year performance guarantee—This guarantee promises a set amount of energy production from your solar panels over the first five years after installation.
- A 10-year workmanship warranty—This warranty covers work done to wires, clips, conduits, and breakers during installation.
- A 25-year equipment warranty—This warranty is provided by your solar panel manufacturer and covers parts that require replacement because of component failure. Affordable Solar takes care of the warranty claim for you, filing it with the manufacturer and installing the component free of charge.
Affordable Solar hires NABCEP-certified technicians who go through stringent solar training and examination to become certified. The company is also accredited by the BBB and holds an A+ rating from the organization.
Affordable Solar offers comprehensive solar solutions to a variety of residential and commercial customers. Although the company’s services are confined to New Mexico, the company’s extensive warranties and accreditations make it a trusted provider in the solar industry.
If you’re interested in solar services from Affordable Solar, get a free quote by filling out this simple online form.
Compare Affordable Solar to Other Solar Providers
|Provider||Affordable Solar||ADT Solar (formerly Sunpro Solar)||Tesla|
|Solar services||Solar panel installation||Solar panel and battery back-up installation||Solar panel and battery sales and installation|
|Service areas||New Mexico||Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas||Nationwide (installation availability varies by zip code)|
|Warranty length||10-year workmanship warranty, 25-year equipment warranty, five-year performance guarantee||25-year power production, panel, inverter, and labor warranties||25-year performance guarantee|
|Payment options||N/A||Buy, finance, lease||Buy, finance, solar subscription|
Affordable Solar Overview
- Company name: Affordable Solar
- Company type: Private
- CEO: Ryan Centerwall
- Years in business: 22
- Address: 4840 Pan American East Freeway Northeast, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87109
- Phone: 505-305-0278
- Website: https://affordable-solar.com/
Frequently Asked Questions About Affordable Solar
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.