Best Pet Insurance in Utah
Whether it’s hiking with your dog through Arches National Park or just cuddling up with your fluffy feline on a weekend morning in Provo or Salt Lake City, spending time with your furry family member is a cherished part of being a pet owner. But you never know when your pet may break a bone or contract an illness.
You can prepare for unexpected vet bills and expenses by purchasing a pet health insurance policy. To find the best pet insurance companies in Utah, the This Old House Reviews Team spent hundreds of hours researching the pet insurance industry by reading customer reviews, surveying pet parents, and comparing providers on key factors like customer service, policy coverage, and monthly pricing.
Compare Other Pet Companies
|Star Rating||Monthly Cost||Coverage||Link|
|Lemonade||$23.22||accident and illness, wellness||Visit Site|
|Spot||$45.75||accident and illness, accident only, wellness||Visit Site|
|Embrace||$57.19||accident and illness, wellness||Visit Site|
|ASPCA||$43.29||accident and illness, accident only, wellness||Visit Site|
|Healthy Paws||$48.65||accident and illness||Visit Site|
|Coverage||accident and illness, accident only, wellness|
|Coverage||accident and illness, accident only, wellness|
Utah’s Top 7 Pet Insurance Providers
- Lemonade: Best Overall
- Spot: Most Customizable Plans
- Embrace: Best Deductibles
- Fetch Pet Insurance: Best Holistic Coverage
- Healthy Paws: Best Coverage Limit
- Prudent Pet: Most Comprehensive Plan
- Figo: Best Extra Coverage Add-On
Comparing the Top Pet Insurance Providers in Utah
We recommend gathering several quotes from the best pet insurance companies in Utah before making your final decision.
|Best For||Star Rating|
|Spot||Most Customizable Plans|
|ASPCA||Best for New Pet Owners|
|Fetch Pet Insurance||Best Holistic Coverage|
|Healthy Paws||Best Coverage Limit|
|Prudent Pet||Most Comprehensive Plan|
|Figo||Best Extra Coverage Add-On|
|Pumpkin||Best for Dental Coverage|
How Much Is Pet Insurance in Utah?
Generally speaking, you can expect to pay somewhere between $15 and $100 per month for pet insurance in Utah, based on our research and sample quotes we pulled in the state. However, here are a few factors that can significantly alter your quoted premium:
- Customization: To get the cheapest pet insurance, you can customize your policy by choosing a lower annual coverage limit, a higher deductible, and a lower reimbursement rate. For instance, an Embrace quote for a mixed dog with $30,000 of annual coverage, a $200 deductible, and 90% reimbursement rate was $82.74 per month, but only $21.29 with $5,000 of annual coverage, a $1,000 deductible, and a 70% reimbursement rate.
- Age: As your animal gets older, it becomes more expensive to insure due to its increasing likelihood of getting sick or injured. In fact, some pet insurance providers, such as Lemonade and Healthy Paws, limit the age of pets they’ll insure. Purchasing a pet insurance policy for pets more than 6 to 9 years old can be very pricey.
- Species: Pet insurance for dogs is typically more expensive than cat insurance, since dogs are more likely to have certain expensive health conditions, such as hip dysplasia and cruciate ligament issues.
- Breed: Some breeds are also more susceptible to hip dysplasia, especially larger dog breeds, such Great Danes and Labrador retrievers, meaning their pet insurance policies usually come with higher premiums than others.
Frequently Asked Questions About Pet Insurance in Utah
Is pet insurance in Utah worth it?
We surveyed 1,000 pet owners and learned that roughly 40% of them would need to use a credit card to pay for unexpected bills, and 9% didn’t know how they’d pay for them. If you’re like these pet parents, you could benefit from a pet insurance policy. In general, pet insurance is a worthwhile investment in your peace of mind, ensuring that you’ll always have a way to pay for vet bills without racking up credit card debt or dipping into your savings.
Is spaying covered by pet insurance?
What’s the cheapest pet insurance in Utah?
During our research, we pulled cost data from sample quotes on various animals throughout the state and determined that Lemonade consistently offers the most affordable policies for most dog and cat breeds. However, your quoted premiums will vary depending on a range of factors such as your pet’s breed and age, so we recommend getting quotes from a few companies to see which one offers the best policy in your budget.
There’s a lot to consider about you and your pet’s needs when choosing your pet insurance provider in Utah. Although Lemonade offers the best overall policies with affordable prices and impressive coverage options, you may lean toward other providers for their unique benefits.
For instance, Prudent Pet and Healthy Paws are ideal choices for unlimited, comprehensive coverage, but Pawp may be your best bet if you’re looking for unlimited access to online vets through texts and video calls.
Other Utah Home Service Resources
Our Rating Methodology
The This Old House Reviews team is dedicated to thorough, in-depth reviews of each product or service that we detail in our content. Determined to build trust with our readers through transparency, accuracy, and accountability, we’ve built a detailed rating system to score pet insurance brands. Included in this methodology are the following six factors with their respective scoring weights:
- Coverage (25)
- Plan options (20)
- Monthly cost (20)
- Company reputation (15)
- Customer service (10)
- Species eligibility (10)
Our researchers keep all data in each company’s score up to date, making any changes to our content when necessary to provide our readers with the most accurate information on relevant metrics, such as plan options, customer service, reputation, and monthly cost.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews team at email@example.com.