When a home system or appliance breaks down, it can be a hassle to find a trusted service contractor to make a speedy fix or find room in your budget to pay for the unexpected repair or replacement. A home warranty can make your homeownership experience easier by handling repairs in exchange for a service fee and monthly or annual premium.
Since finding a home warranty can be challenging, especially if you don’t know where to start, the This Old House Reviews Team did the work for you. Keep reading for the best home warranty companies in your Massachusetts.
Massachusetts’ Top 4 Home Warranty Companies
The highest rated home warranty companies in Massachusetts include these:
- Liberty Home Guard: Best Customer Ratings
- American Home Shield: Best Coverage Caps
- Select Home Warranty: Best Value
- America’s First Choice Home Club: Best for Customization
The providers in this review stand out for their comprehensive coverage plans, affordable pricing, and unique benefits. Here are our recommended picks in more detail.
Liberty Home Guard
Liberty Home Guard (LHG) is our top home warranty company that we recommend for those looking for a home protection plan in Massachusetts. For those looking for comprehensive coverage of multiple units, LHG offers coverage for second heating and air conditioning systems within its standard plans. Most providers offer second unit coverage only as an add-on.
Here are some highlights of LHG coverage:
- $2,000 coverage cap per covered item
- 60-say workmanship guarantee
- Unique add-ons, including pest control and rekeying
Plans & Pricing
Liberty Home Guard has three plans: Appliance Guard, System Guard, and Total Home Guard. Appliance Guard covers nine appliances, while System Guard covers six systems. Total Home Guard offers comprehensive coverage for all 15 items for just under $60 a month.
With one of the plans, you have the option to add on protection for over 15 items. Here are a few of them: Re-key, well pump, fixtures (lighting and plumbing), water softener, lawn sprinkler system, electronics protection, swamp cooler, ejector pump, grinder pump
Here are monthly cost estimates for the LHG plans:
- Appliance Guard: $49.99 per month
- System Guard: $54.99 per month
- Total Home Guard: $59.99 per month
Learn more: Liberty Home Guard Review
American Home Shield
American Home Shield (AHS) is another reputable home warranty company we recommend for homeowners in Massachusetts. AHS provides extensive major appliance and home systems coverage paired with flexible plan and service call fee options. As a plus, AHS covers items that have preexisting conditions.
Here’s an overview of what AHS has to offer:
- Close to 50 years of industry experience
- Customizable plans and service fees
- 24/7 claims center
- No limit on repairs during contract period
Plans & Pricing
American Home Shield offers its customers three plans: the ShieldSilver™, ShieldGold™, and ShieldPlatinum™. The ShieldSilver covers home systems only, and the ShieldGold adds coverage for appliances to the ShieldSilver’s existing coverage. The ShieldPlatinum plan takes the ShieldGold’s coverage and increases coverage caps for all covered items.
In addition to these plans, AHS also offers coverage for the following items: Electronic extended warranty, pool and spa, well pump, septic pump, guest unit under 750 square feet
When choosing an American Home Shield plan, you’ll select a service fee of $75, $100, or $125. Higher service fees will result in lower monthly premiums and vice versa.
Here’s the monthly cost of each plan with a $75 service fee:
- ShieldSilver: $34.99 per month
- ShieldGold: $64.99 per month
- ShieldPlatinum: $89.99 per month
Learn more: American Home Shield Review
Select Home Warranty
Select Home Warranty earns its place on this list for its affordability and free roof-leak coverage. Not only are each of Select’s plans less than $50 a month, all tiers include limited roof-leak coverage up to $400.
Here’s a look at what Select has to offer:
- Free roof-leak coverage, which is an estimated $99 value annually
- Same-day response to claims
- $75 service call fee is on par with the industry average
- Plumbing stoppages are covered with the Platinum Plan
Plans & Pricing
Select Home Warranty offers three plan options: Bronze Care, Gold Care, and Platinum Care. Bronze Care exclusively covers appliances, such as your cooktop, stove/oven, and microwave. Gold Care covers your built-in systems, such as your water heater, plumbing, and cooling systems. Platinum Care covers all the items in the two basic plans plus plumbing stoppages and garage door openers.
Select also offers the following add-on coverage: Central vacuum, lawn sprinkler system, pool, septic system, spa, stand-alone freezer, sump pump, and well pump
Select charges a $75 service call fee each time you file a claim.
Here are the prices we were quoted for a single-family home in Massachusetts less than $5,000 square feet:
- Bronze Care: $44.42 per month
- Gold Care: $44.42 per month
- Platinum Care: $47.75 per month
Learn more: Select Home Warranty Review
America’s First Choice Home Club
America’s First Choice Home Club (AFC Home Club) provides New York homeowners flexibility with its four plans and three service call fee options. You also get access to AFC Home Club’s plan-length workmanship guarantee.
Here’s an overview of AFC Home Club benefits:
- Offers lengthy workmanship guarantee for repairs (up to three years if you purchase a three-year plan)
- Gives customers the option to choose their own service provider
- Provides plan and service call fee flexibility
- Includes security benefits, such as identity protection, with each plan
Plans & Pricing
AFC Home Club offers four plans: the Systems, Silver, Gold, and Platinum plans. The Systems Plan covers five major home systems, including air conditioning and plumbing systems. The Silver Plan protects nine standard home appliances, including cooktops and kitchen refrigerators. The Gold Plan covers systems, appliances, and ductwork. The Platinum Plan combines all three plans into one comprehensive package.
AFC Home Club provides the following add-ons: Built-in microwave, central vacuum, double oven, electronic coverage, hot water dispenser, ice maker, in-ground pool, in-ground pool and spa, roof leaks, septic system, sump pump, and stand-alone freezer.
Each plan offered by America’s First Choice Home Club allows you to select from a $75, $100, or $125 service call fee. Below is a breakdown of the monthly fees with a $75 service call fee based on quotes we obtained; your costs may differ based on the size and location of your home.
- Systems Plan: $52.83
- Silver Plan: $45.17
- Gold Plan: $60.58
- Platinum Plan: $65.67
Learn more: AFC Home Club Review
The companies listed above have some of the most comprehensive and affordable plans for Massachusetts homeowners. Before buying a home warranty, we recommend getting quotes from at least three companies to help you compare plan pricing and find a plan that works within your budget.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our Rating Methodology
The This Old House Reviews Team is committed to providing comprehensive and unbiased reviews to our readers, and we aim to provide transparency in our review standards and research process.
Our research process includes speaking with representatives from more than 40 home warranty providers, requesting quotes, and asking clarifying questions to gain insight into each provider’s benefits and downsides. We also analyze sample contracts from each company to understand specific coverage terms.
To rate companies, we apply the data we have gathered to our review standards. These standards are on a 100-point scoring system, which is detailed below:
- Coverage (35 points): Providers are scored based on breadth and depth of coverage. We focused on key home systems (HVAC, plumbing, and electrical), essential appliances (refrigerator, ovens, and laundry machines), and unique coverage items (such as roof-leak coverage and code violation allowances). Coverage scores are weighted by taking into account coverage caps and other limiting factors, meaning providers with greater range of coverage and higher coverage caps score the highest.
- Value (30 points): A company’s plan value is a reflection of how well it serves the customer in comparison to what the customer pays for the policy. We accounted for monthly costs, service call fees, and cost flexibility (such as customizable service call fees, discounts, and multi-year policies).
- Trustworthiness and Transparency (21 points): Trustworthiness and transparency are a reflection of how well the provider considers the customer’s interests. We scored items such as the length of workmanship guarantees, online availability of a sample contract, policy change flexibility, and ease of cancellation. Additionally, we scored items that reflect industry reputation and customer satisfaction, including analyzing brand reputation across the Better Business Bureau and third-party customer review aggregators.
- Availability and Service (14 points): Quality of customer service is key to customer satisfaction. We dug into each provider’s guaranteed response times, claims processes, service flexibility, emergency availability, and more.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.