Complete Care Home Warranty has served homeowners since 2000 with reasonably priced home warranties and service call fees. If a routine breakdown to your home’s most important items would put you in a financial bind, we recommend a home warranty. Read our review to find out if Complete Care Home Warranty is the best home warranty for you.
Our Take on Complete Care Home Warranty
Complete Care Home Warranty (CCHW) is a New Jersey-based home warranty provider with inexpensive service fees, three plans, and a variety of add-ons. CCHW does not require a home inspection and will cover items as long as they are in working order at the start of the home warranty.
Pros & Cons of Complete Care Home Warranty
✔ Inexpensive service fees
✔ 90-day parts guarantee
✔ Two months of free coverage for paying annually
✘ 30-day waiting period
✘ Lower coverage cap on professional-grade appliances
|Link||Star Rating||BBB Rating||Monthly Cost||Service Fee|
|American Home Shield||VISIT SITE||B||$40–$58||$75–$125|
|Liberty Home Guard||VISIT SITE||A-||$40–$60||$65–$125|
|Select Home Warranty||VISIT SITE||B-||$36–$48||$60–$75|
|First American Home Warranty||VISIT SITE||B||$36–$38||$75|
|Cinch Home Services||VISIT SITE||B||$35–$62||$100–$150|
|Priority Home Warranty||VISIT SITE||$33–$47||$70|
|AFC Home Club||VISIT SITE||B||$38–$54||$75–$125|
|First American Home Warranty|
Complete Care Home Warranty Plans & Coverage
Complete Care Home Warranty offers a Systems Plan to cover home systems, such as air conditioning, heating, and plumbing. The Appliances Plan covers essential appliances in your kitchen and laundry room, including your garage door opener. The Combo Plan rolls all the coverage into one comprehensive package to cover both appliances and systems.
|Item Covered||Systems Plan||Appliances Plan||Combo Plan|
|Built-in microwave oven||-||✓||✓|
|Garage door opener||-||✓||✓|
|Ceiling and exhaust fan||-||✓||✓|
If you need more coverage, Complete Care Home Warranty offers the following add-ons, which can be added after selecting a base plan:
- Central vacuum
- Sump pump
- Well pump
- Limited roof leak
- Stand-alone freezer
- Refrigerator ice maker
- Freestanding ice maker
- Lawn sprinkler system
- Septic system
- Septic tank pumping
- Second refrigerator
- Water softener
- Tankless water heater
Complete Care Home Warranty Pricing
Complete Care Home Warranty offers competitive pricing within the home warranty industry. The prices listed in this article reflect a sample quote for a single-family home below 5,000 square feet in North Carolina. Your price may differ depending on your home details and location.
Note: Complete Care Home Warranty offers two months of free coverage for paying annually.
|Plan||Monthly cost||Yearly cost|
Service Call Fees
A service call fee is a fee paid to your appointed contractor at the time of service. Complete Care Home Warranty features some of the lowest service fees in the industry, ranging from $45 to $60. The industry average ranges from $75 to $125, so this is an excellent rate.
Complete Care Home Warranty State Availability
Complete Care Home Warranty is available in 45 states. It is not available in Alaska, California, Florida, Iowa, or Oklahoma.
Complete Care Home Warranty Reviews
Complete Care Home Warranty is not currently accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and is not rated. Customer reviews are mixed, but most of the complaints center around longer than ideal wait times for reimbursement, which is better than complaints about lack of payment entirely.
Below are a couple of Complete Care Home Warranty reviews from the BBB website:
“I’m not happy with the service. No techs for microwave. I had to pay [upfront] costs and wait over a month for reimbursement. I told them I’m unemployed and need [my] money back. They promised me my check in 2 weeks ****. I would not recommend this company. FIND ANOTHER HOME WARRANTY COMPANY” — C.M.
“Had issues with our garage door. The turnaround time to dispatch the technician was quick and well handled. The technician was professional and quickly solved the issue while maintaining COVID-19 safety precautions. Complete Care communicated very well right from start to end.” — Alita M.
Although Complete Care’s coverage is not as comprehensive as some competitors, its plan prices and service call fees are among the lowest in the entire home warranty industry. Before choosing a home warranty plan, we recommend getting quotes from at least three different providers to compare your coverage and cost options.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Company name: Complete Care Home Warranty
- CEO: Alan Cooper
- Year founded: 2000
- Phone number: 860-777-0204
- Address: 1090 King Georges Post Rd Suite 706
- City/State: Edison, NJ
- ZIP: 08837
Our Rating Methodology
The This Old House Reviews Team is committed to providing comprehensive and unbiased reviews to our readers, and we aim to provide transparency in our review standards and research process.
Our research process includes speaking with representatives from more than 40 home warranty providers, requesting quotes, and asking clarifying questions to gain insight into each provider’s benefits and downsides. We also analyze sample contracts from each company to understand specific coverage terms.
To rate companies, we apply the data we have gathered to our review standards. These standards are on a 100-point scoring system, which is detailed below:
- Coverage (35 points): Providers are scored based on breadth and depth of coverage. We focused on key home systems (HVAC, plumbing, and electrical), essential appliances (refrigerator, ovens, and laundry machines), and unique coverage items (such as roof-leak coverage and code violation allowances). Coverage scores are weighted by taking into account coverage caps and other limiting factors, meaning providers with greater range of coverage and higher coverage caps score the highest.
- Value (30 points): A company’s plan value is a reflection of how well it serves the customer in comparison to what the customer pays for the policy. We accounted for monthly costs, service call fees, and cost flexibility (such as customizable service call fees, discounts, and multi-year policies).
- Trustworthiness and Transparency (21 points): Trustworthiness and transparency are a reflection of how well the provider considers the customer’s interests. We scored items such as the length of workmanship guarantees, online availability of a sample contract, policy change flexibility, and ease of cancellation. Additionally, we scored items that reflect industry reputation and customer satisfaction, including analyzing brand reputation across the Better Business Bureau and third-party customer review aggregators.
- Availability and Service (14 points): Quality of customer service is key to customer satisfaction. We dug into each provider’s guaranteed response times, claims processes, service flexibility, emergency availability, and more.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews team at email@example.com.