3 out of 5ModerateN/A
Steps for replacing window sash balancers
- First, remove the stop beads from the side of the window frame with a pry bar.
- Pull the window out of the jamb and remove the tension hooks of the old sash balancers with a pair of pliers.
- Remove the old sash balancers with a screwdriver or drill/driver.
- Use a sander to smooth out the jamb and the edges of the sash.
- To reduce friction, spray a lubricant on the jamb and sash.
- Install new sash balancers by driving in screws into old mortises.
- Attach the hook on the sash balancers to the sash on each side.
- Reinstall the window stops on the jamb using nails and a hammer to keep the window in place.