In this episode:
A little over a year ago, the 1890s West Roxbury Victorian was a tired-looking house. Now, it’s all dressed up and looking good.
Jenn Nawada and Kevin O’Connor show off the changes to the front and back of the house, creating an open and welcoming environment for the city neighborhood.
Inside, Tom Silva assists homeowner Derek with installing an adjustable closet system in the new master closet.
Richard Trethewey recaps changes to the HVAC system and basement, including the addition of a new cold-weather inverter heat pump unit, instantaneous gas water heater, foundation repair, and full access to the laundry and electrical panel.
Robyn gives Jenn a tour of the second floor showing off changes to the existing bedrooms, the addition of a second bathroom for the kids, and the new owner’s suite with a closet and bathroom.
Derek, Tom, and builder Deliandro discuss the new maintenance-free siding and gutters.
Back inside, Kevin gets a tour of the newly opened up first floor. Keeping some of the original elements of the home, like the trim, and adding a new, modern kitchen makes it a perfect balance of old and new.
This transformation took overcoming the challenges of COVID and supply chain issues and was done beautifully because of a big team effort.
Original Air Date: Apr 21 2022, Season 43; Ep. 26 23:42
Products and Services from this Episode
- Brick manufacturer: Pine Hall Brick
- Hardscape installers: Kelstrom Landscape
- Sod supplier: SODCO
- Closet system supplier: The Container Store
- Plumbing contractor: FRC Enterprise, Inc. Plumbing & Heating
- Heat pump mamnufacturer: Ecoer
- HVAC contractor: Aldo’S HVAC, LLC
- HVAC zoning system manufacturer: Zone First
- Tile installer: New England Tile Install
- Building contractor: Alpha Smart Builders
- Interior design assistance: Pina Home Interiors
- Paint supplier: Sherwin Williams
- Bathroom fixture manufacturer: Duravit
- Bedroom furniture supplier: West Elm
- Gutter manufacturer: Duragutter
- Painting contractor: AFC Painting Corp
- Window restorer: Blackwell’s Leaded Glass
- Kitchen design assistance: The Gallery Worldwide Cabinets
- Countertop manufacturer: Caesarstone
- Architect: Derek Rubinoff, Architect
- Stone fabricator: First Class Marble & Granite
- Lighting assistance: Neena’s Lighting
- Electrical contractor: Smart Choice Solutions, Inc.
- Plumbing fixture manufacturer: Hansgrohe
- Kitchen appliance manufacturer: Midea
- Door hardware manufacturer: Delaney Hardware