Green Power Energy helps businesses, farmers, and homeowners save money and reduce their carbon footprint through its solar installation services. The company balances the needs of each customer by using a thorough installation process that’s tailored to specific energy needs. Read on to learn more about Green Power services, financing, and customer service to decide if this provider is the best solar provider for you.
If you’re interested in going solar, we recommend getting quotes from a variety of providers. Use this tool to get pricing and learn more about local incentives near you.
Is Green Power Energy Worth It?
Green Power Energy provides customers in the Northeast with renewable energy solutions through a custom solar installation. Green Power Energy’s extensive solar repair service and flexible financing options make it a quality choice for a solar installer in Connecticut, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.
Compare the benefits and drawbacks of Green Power Energy below.
Green Power Energy Services
Green Power offers solar panel installation to a variety of homeowners, businesses, and farmers in the Northeast.
Residential Solar Installation
Green Power residential installation follows a structured six-step process to guide homeowners through the entire project.
- Conversation—After filling out an online quote form, you will be contacted by Green Power to discuss your energy needs and walk through the home evaluation process. At this time, Green Power will schedule an appointment for a more in-depth conversation about what you’re looking for in a solar system.
- Survey—During your scheduled, in-person appointment, Green Power technicians will survey your property and discuss your best option for a home solar system.
- Design walkthrough—After your home consultation, Green Power Energy will design a custom system for your home and send it off for your approval, free of charge.
- Solar education—Before installation, Green Power will answer any questions you have and talk with you about what to expect from your upcoming solar panel construction.
- Installation—Green Power Energy will obtain proper permitting before the installation process begins. During installation, an on-site project manager will oversee the operation and be on-call for any questions or concerns that arise. Installation is typically completed within three days.
- Walk-through—When system installation is complete, the Green Power team will walk you through how to operate your system.
Note: For customers who want to save the excess energy their system generates for future use, Green Power offers a Tesla Powerwall for solar battery storage.
Commercial Solar Installation
Green Power Solar provides system installation to help businesses achieve energy independence and reduce their electric bills. On its website, Green Power explains the benefits available to businesses when they choose to go solar, including:
- A federal government tax incentive worth 30% of the cost of the system
- Solar Renewable Energy Certificates (SRECs) available to sell on the open market
- Increased property value
- The Modified Accelerated Cost Recovery System (MACRS) that results in a tax deduction
Agricultural Solar Installation
Green Power Energy also offers solar installation to farm and landowners. The company works around your schedule to ensure it doesn’t interrupt the agricultural or livestock farming process. Similar to on-site screening during the residential installation process, Green Power analyzes your barn’s roof structure to ensure it can withstand a solar system. The company also caters to your unique energy needs to establish a construction plan that is minimally invasive and effective.
Cost of Green Power Energy
Green Power Energy offers potential customers a snapshot of their 20-year savings outcome through its online calculator. To give you an idea of your potential financial returns with solar energy from Green Power, the This Old House Reviews Team received a savings estimate based on a monthly electric bill of $110.
Green Power Energy Solar Savings Estimate
- Monthly Electric Bill: $110
- 20-Year Savings Estimate: $37,325
Green Power provides customers with four purchasing options for solar panel and battery back-up installation: purchase, loan, lease, and power purchase agreement (PPA).
- Purchase—Customers can purchase their system upfront to experience immediate returns on their investment, as no monthly payment is required.
- Solar loan—Solar loan customers can own their system through set monthly payments starting at $0 down.
- Solar lease—Customers who lease their system pay set monthly payments over a fixed period to use their solar system.
- PPA—Customers who sign a PPA pay monthly for the power their solar panels generate.
Get your Solar quote today.
Green Power Customer Service and Warranties
Green Power Energy offers expert panel services and repairs to any solar owner in the service area. These services include:
- Diagnostic tests
- Solar system repairs
- System upgrades
- Complete system overhaul
Green Power Energy’s available warranties are tied to the solar products used during installation. Green Power uses SunPower and Panasonic solar panels, which are each protected by 25-year product warranties.
Green Power Energy is accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and holds an A+ rating from the company.
Green Power Energy supplies the Northeast with organized residential and commercial solar installation. The company uses trusted solar panel brands during installation to ensure its customers receive an efficient system protected by comprehensive warranties.
If you’re interested in solar from Green Power Energy, use this tool to compare solar pricing and available incentives in your area.
Compare Green Power Energy to Other Solar Providers
Our Rating Methodology
The This Old House Reviews Team is committed to providing comprehensive and unbiased reviews to our readers. After over a thousand hours of research on solar companies, interviews with experts, and common customer needs, we’ve created a detailed rating system for solar providers based on six factors:
- Solar equipment, installation, and services (25%)
- Warranty and performance guarantees (25%)
- Brand reputation and certifications (15%)
- Financing options (15%)
- Experience (10%)
- Availability (10%)
Total scores are divided by 20 for a final 5-point rating scale.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews team at firstname.lastname@example.org.