If you discover a pest problem in your home, it is crucial that you act quickly. If you spot a few ants or cockroaches and leave the issue untreated, it could quickly turn into an infestation. Hiring a professional pest control company can help you eliminate bugs or rodents, as well as build up your home’s defense against those critters and more.
The This Old House Reviews Team has evaluated many pest control providers across the country to determine who offers the best value in availability, service offerings, customer service, and more. This unbiased Pestmaster Services review will help you decide if the company is right for your needs.
Our top recommendation for your pest control needs is Terminix, a company with PhD-level entomologists and over 90 years of experience in the industry. But, to make sure you get the best plan for your home, you should also check out top pest control companies Orkin and Aptive.
Get a quote from all three top-rated companies:
Pros & Cons
|Over 40 years of experience in the pest control industry||Only available in 16 states|
|Provides eco-friendly pest treatment options||Website not clear on list of pests|
|Offers wildlife control|
Pestmaster Plans & Services
Pestmaster Services uses Integrated Pest Management and takes an approach that protects the environment, according to the website. This includes using plant-based materials and reduced-risked pesticides per EPA regulations in the most limited amount possible.
Pestmaster Services provides customized plans for general pest control, with most customers choosing its quarterly service for pest elimination and prevention. These programs start with a home inspection. At the initial visit, your tech will identify the pests in your home and the problem areas that could increase your risk factors for an infestation.
Your plan will include the elimination of existing pests in and around your home and the prevention of pests from returning, like:
- Stinging insects
Pestmaster Services also provides specialized plans for the following pests:
- Bed Bug Control: Includes a close inspection, treatment, and follow-up visits to eliminate your infestation
- Termite Control: Includes a termite inspection and a targeted treatment plan
- Mosquito Control: Allows you to choose between one-time or ongoing treatments to eliminate mosquitoes
- Rodent and Wildlife control: The removal of nuisance wildlife from your property
Pestmaster Services has over 35 locations around the country. You can find a service provider in the following states:
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- South Carolina
Pestmaster Customer Reviews
Pestmaster Services has multiple pages with the Better Business Bureau (BBB), each dedicated to different branch locations. Some pages are BBB-accredited while others are not, and ratings change from page to page. Here’s what some real customers had to say.
“Service was incredibly fast and very courteous. Scott came out to my home within a few hours of my call. He was very respectful regarding my wishes to not kill the wasp nest in my car. He was able to remove and relocate the nest to a safer place in my yard. In addition, he checked the rest of my car for other signs of wasp activity. Also, a couple days later I noticed 6+ wasps congregating in the same spot near my car door, already forming a new tiny nest and he used a non-chemical product to get rid of the pheromones he believed were causing the wasps to return. Scott was kind & patient during both visits. I highly recommend Pestmaster Services & Scott for any similar needs! Thank you again for your help:)”
Debbie C. said:
“Pestmaster gets the job done! They were efficient and very professional. Very prompt with scheduling an appointment to remove a bald-faced hornets nest. Price was fair for the work performed. Would highly recommend Pestmaster to friends.”
Compare Pest Control Companies
*N/A signals inconsistent accreditations and ratings
We give Pestmaster Services a score of 75.5 out of 100 on key metrics including plan options, state availability, trustworthiness, customer service, and additional benefits.
Pestmaster Services is a solid option for pest control if you live within its service area of 16 states. Unlike some companies that claim to offer eco-friendly solutions to pest control, Pestmaster Services actually details what this means to its practices on the site.
- Company name: Pestmaster Services
- Company type: Private
- CEO: Jeffrey Van Diepen
- Year founded: 1979
- Headquarters: 9716 S. Virginia St. #E, Reno, NV 89511
- State availability: 16
- BBB rating: N/A
Our Rating Methodology
The This Old House Reviews Team is committed to providing comprehensive and unbiased reviews to our readers. This means earning your trust through transparency and having the data to back up our ratings and recommendations. Our rating system for pest control providers is on a 100-point scale based on seven factors:
- Plan options (35): Every home and every pest problem has its specific needs when it comes to prevention and remediation. Companies with multiple plans and service offerings were given higher scores than those without.
- State Availability (5): Where you live determines which providers are available. Companies available in more states were rated higher than those with less.
- Trustworthiness (10): We consider companies that offer service guarantees and others more trustworthy and therefore scored higher.
- Customer Service (30): This factor is based on our own research from calling providers, as well as their availability and guarantees for responses.
- Additional Benefits (20): Companies who offer things like information about the products they use, have an app for customers, and other benefits were given higher ratings.
Our Reviews Team reviewed 42 companies and we have full-time researchers who collect (and regularly update) more than 75 specific data points from each company to help us compare them on key factors such as coverage, cost, service, and dependability. Read more on our methodology here.
Frequently Asked Questions
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.