Christy Webber Landscapes has been serving Chicago clients since 1994 and is now one of the premier companies in the area. It provides design, construction, and maintenance services to a long list of parks and commercial sites in the city and extensive work on residential yards and green roofs.
In this guide, we’ll cover what past customers have had to say about working with Christy Webber Landscapes and break down service details and what you can expect from your experience.
Pros & Cons of Christy Webber Landscapes
✔ Nearly 30 years of industry experience
✔ Offers snow removal services for residential and commercial clients
✔ Provides long-term care and maintenance proposal after design services are complete
✘ Only offered in the Chicago area
✘ More expensive than other landscaping companies in the industry
If any of those cons are a deal-breaker for you, consider the leading lawn care provider, TruGreen. TruGreen is a national lawn care company with locations across the country.
Christy Webber Landscapes Plans and Services
Christy Webber Landscapes breaks down its services into five categories—design, build, maintain, enhance, and snow removal. Here’s more detail about each category:
- Design: On a residential scale, Christy Webber Landscapes reimagines backyards, green roofs, and balconies with the use of an extensive design-to-build process. Clients receive a free site visit, initial presentation, final design plan, and construction schedule fit to their timeline and budget.
- Construction: Construction projects encompass commercial, municipal, and residential designs, particularly rooftop spaces on larger buildings. Christy Webber Landscapes has installed the highest number of rooftop gardens in the country.
- Maintenance: Once construction projects are completed, the Christy Webber team advises clients on the best ways to maintain their new landscapes. The company also offers maintenance plans for new and existing clients that either focus on lawn care or total landscape care to encompass trees and plantings.
- Enhance: This level of service pertains to both general and seasonable upgrades to an existing landscape or outdoor space.
- Snow Removal: With large commercial and municipal clients in its portfolio, Christy Webber has the capacity to serve residential clients of all sizes.
Christy Webber Landscapes Locations
Christy Webber Landscapes is located in the heart of Chicago and houses a farm and garden center nearby. Landscaping services are available to over 50 neighborhoods and areas of the Chicagoland region.
Christy Webber Landscapes Reviews
Christy Webber Landscapes has an A- rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and has received and closed one complaint in the last three years. Though the BBB doesn’t have any customer reviews for Christy Webber Landscapes, the This Old House Reviews Team found a few reviews from Yelp and Google.
“Basically, the guys did a better job than we even knew it was possible to do. On top of it, they were fast, polite, and conscientious. We were also so grateful that a big company that takes care of city parks also takes such good care of small homeowners.” — Bethany B. via Yelp
“Lastly, the landscapers that worked on-site for the project showed up each day on time (actually 15 minutes early), were professional, polite, friendly, and very detail-oriented.” — Brian D. via Google
Christy Webber Landscapes vs. Competitors
Compare how Christy Webber Landscapes stacks up against other lawn care companies.
Top-Rated Lawn Care Alternatives
|Breakdown||TruGreen||Weed Man||Christy Webber Landscapes|
|Lawn Care Programs||5 + a la carte services||1 + a la carte services||N/A|
|2018 Revenue*||$1.37 billion||$171.8 million||$39 million|
|Number of Employees*||13,504||N/A||330|
*Lawn & Landscape, Top 100 Issue, 2019
Christy Webber Landscapes could be ideal for those looking for landscape design or basic lawn maintenance in the Chicago area. If you’re looking for a more straightforward lawn care consultant, TruGreen takes the lead in expertise and long-term landscape health.
Customers can find affordable pricing for tree care assistance, lawn maintenance, or pest control with locations scattered across the country.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Company name: Christy Webber Landscapes
- Company type: Private
- CEO: Christy Webber
- Year founded: 1987
- Headquarters: 2900 W Ferdinand St, Chicago, IL 60612-1640
- State availability: 1
- BBB rating: A-
Our Rating Methodology
To provide readers with the most objective, accurate, and detailed recommendations, the This Old House Reviews Team continually researches lawn care service companies on the market. We take the following steps to obtain up-to-date information about the industry and each company we review:
- Analyze more than 100 customer reviews from third-party review sites, such as Yelp, the Better Business Bureau (BBB), and Google Reviews, for each company
- Secret-shop for lawn care plans and packages to get a sense of cost, offered services, and the overall shopping experience for prospective customers
- Speak with representatives on the phone to simulate the customer service experience from each provider
- Update information on a regular basis to ensure the most accurate information when plans or services change with each company
We use the data from our research to build an in-depth rating system that allows us to score lawn care providers on a 100-point scale. Here are the factors in our evaluation and their designated scores:
- Plan options (30): As one of the most important factors for homeowners shopping for a lawn care service, this one is weighted heavily based on each company’s lawn coverage. Companies that offer more options, such as irrigation, weed control, seeding, and aeration services in addition to a general plan, score higher than others.
- Trustworthiness (30): Each company’s reputation is another significant factor for homeowners to consider before signing up for a plan. We scored providers based on their BBB score, accreditation, and offered guarantees available with each purchase.
- Additional Benefits (20): We gave extra points to companies that provide a few additional services and benefits with their offered plans, such as organic treatments, pest control services, and a mobile app for digital communication and plan management.
- Customer Service (10): In this rating category, we awarded points to customer-focused lawn care service providers who offer weekend availability and easy communication through phones, online chats, and online resources.
- Availability (10): We also scored companies based on their overall availability, rewarding those that are nationally available over local companies only operating in select cities or ZIP codes.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.