Founded in 2000, SafeStreets USA is ADT’s number one authorized provider for extensive home security in 44 states. As ADT’s No. 1 authorized provider, SafeStreets USA offers four separate home security packages to choose from, along with a variety of home security products for comprehensive protection. Its network includes nearly 300 trained installation consultants, and same-day installation is available in most locations.
In this SafeStreets USA review, we take an in-depth look at the provider to help you determine if it’s the best home security company for you.
Our Take on SafeStreets USA Home Security
We rated SafeStreets USA an 8.5 out of 10. While it has a strong reputation through ADT and offers a back-up battery as well as a wide range of offerings and security products, SafeStreets USA is only available in 44 states but offers DIY installation in all 50.
Pros & Cons of SafeStreets USA Home Security
|✔ ADT-authorized provider||✘ Website does not list prices|
|✔ Backup battery included||✘ Professional installation only available in 44 states|
|✔ Theft Protection Guarantee (ADT covers up to $500 of your insurance deductible if a burglary occurs during monitoring)||✘ Relatively high prices|
|✔ 6-month money-back guarantee||✘ Typically 36-month contract minimum|
SafeStreets USA Home Security Packages & Equipment
SafeStreets USA offers four plans with different levels of comprehensiveness so you can select the best option for your needs. Traditional is the most basic, and Video & Automation, the most comprehensive, is the most popular plan, according to the company. You can find a breakdown of the plans below.
- “Basic” Package: This base package features a landline system with basic security, ADT 24/7 Monitoring, customized security systems, and a maintenance extended warranty.
- “Traditional” Package: This package covers the essentials, including the fundamental ADT 24/7 monitoring, burglar alarms, and some optional offerings. The included features provide protection from carbon monoxide, fire/smoke, and more.
- “Remote” Package: This more advanced package combines the essentials along with remote activation. Remote home monitoring allows customers to arm and disarm the security system remotely through the app. Customers can also receive notifications on connected devices.
- “Control” Package: This package allows access to SafeStreet’s remote web and mobile security, including text and email notifications, providing extra peace of mind.
- “Video & Automation” Package: This package offers the most comprehensive coverage, with cutting-edge technology and secure real-time video for up-to-date coverage 24/7.
Compare the specific features of each package below to determine which one is the best option for your home’s needs.
SafeStreets USA Home Security Package Comparison
|Features||"Basic" Package||"Traditional" Package||"Remote" Package||"Control" Package||"Video & Automation" Package|
|ADT 24/7 Monitoring||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Customized Security Systems||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Cellular Connection to Monitoring||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Optional 2-way Voice||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Optional Life Safety||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Remote Arm/Disarm (via App or Internet)||-||✔||✔||✔|
|Real-time Video Footage||-||-||✔||✔|
|Smart Home Automation||-||-||-||✔|
SafeStreets USA Home Security Equipment
SafeStreets USA sells a variety of products for ultimate protection. Financing is available to customers who purchase extra equipment.
- Smart Door Lock: This product allows customers to unlock their door with their smartphone for keyless entry anywhere through the mobile app. With the doorbell camera, they can see who is at the front door and let them in with the secure app. Instant updates are sent when the status of the door changes from locked to unlocked.
- Touch Screen Control Panel: The panel gives customers complete access to the entire system and allows them to activate the home automation system with Amazon’s Alexa for extra services. Using Amazon Voice Service, customers can control the system and other features. Multi-language support is available.
- ADT Video Doorbell Camera: This camera allows customers to see who is at their door by detecting motion, with clear 720p HD video images. Customers can chat with visitors and receive alerts when packages are delivered.
- Door and window sensors: These sensors alert SafeStreets instantly whenever doors and windows are open or closed so the company can inform the customer and send help quickly.
- ADT Glass Break Sensor: These ultra-sensitive detectors, each with a 25-foot range, feature a glass break alarm that notifies customers instantly.
- ADT Video Doorbell Camera: As described above.
- ADT-monitored outdoor security cameras: These HD outdoor, high-tech, weather-proof, high-tech security cameras surround customers’ entire property and share a live feed, complete with infrared night vision.
- Indoor security cameras: These high-definition cameras have WiFi capability and give clear video imaging of customers’ homes, even in low light. They send recorded clips to customers’ phones for footage of intruders and burglars.
SafeStreets USA Home Security State Availability
SafeStreets USA’s services and products are available in 44 states, including all but Alaska, Hawaii, Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, and South Dakota. However, it can provide equipment to customers who take the DIY route in all 50 states. Most installations can be done within three business days; same-day or next-day installation options are available in many areas.
SafeStreets USA Home Security Pricing
In order to give customers the most accurate pricing, a SafeStreets USA technician can visit your home for a free full consultation, explaining how the systems and equipment works. Alternatively, you can conduct the consultation over video. You can also receive a rough estimate over the phone.
SafeStreets USA Home Security Package Pricing
|Pricing||"Basic" Package||"Traditional" Package||"Remote" Package||"Control" Package||"Video & Automation" Package|
These come standard with a $99 charge to activate your system. Installation is free with SafeStreets. There is a fee for early termination.
When we called to receive a quote, we were given a special promotion that applied if we purchased a plan during that initial phone call. We were told the company would waive the $99 activation fee. The customer service representative also added that after two to three weeks post-activation, we would receive a $100 Visa gift card from SafeStreets.
SafeStreets USA Home Security Installation
Professional installation is required by SafeStreets USA. The cost of professional installation starts at $99.99 and will ultimately depend on which package you select and the equipment that is needed. The installation process usually takes less than an hour to complete.
SafeStreets USA’s installation process includes:
- A SafeStreets USA Smart Security Pro will arrive after a professional consultation.
- The technician will install your system and show you how to properly use and run the system.
- Your SafeStreets USA system is ready to be used immediately and you can rest easy with 24/7 alarm monitoring.
SafeStreets USA Smart Home
SafeStreets USA offers smart home functionality with its home security systems. The specific types of smart home equipment that SafeStreets USA offers include smart thermostats, door locks, and smart lights. The packages that include smart home functionality include the Control Plan and Video & Automation Plan.
SafeStreets USA Home Security Warranties
SafeStreets offers a six-month money-back guarantee if the provider has made attempts to resolve the system-related issue and has been unable to in the first six months. The issue cannot be caused by customer error.
If you are interested in learning more about SafeStreets’ home security systems, you can fill out the online form with your phone number and email, and the provider will contact you within 24 hours. You can also call 855-891-7233. If you are an existing customer, you can reach SafeStreets by calling 1-800-369-0996.
SafeStreets USA Home Security Reviews
SafeStreets USA has multiple profiles with the Better Business Bureau, including a headquarters page and pages for individual locations. The headquarters page is accredited and holds an A+ rating from the organization.
As with any company, there are both positive and negative reviews online. Here are some SafeStreets USA reviews to help you get a sense of what to expect if you choose the company’s services.
Stacy G. said:
“They were great to work with. **** who did our installation was professional and informative.”
Steven H. said:
“Horrible company! Sent untrained tech to install service. Couldn’t find a stud in the wall. So we now have two holes in our paneling that they won’t have repaired. Had four appointments set up for a tech that no one showed for. Canceled service and would not recommend anyone use them!”
SafeStreets also holds a 4.9/5 rating on TrustPilot with over 30,000 reviews. 94 percent of customers gave SafeStreets the highest rating possible.
SafeStreets USA vs. Competitors
If you’re unsure whether SafeStreets home security is right for you, compare this home security company to Vivint, another top provider.
SafeStreets and Vivint comparison
|View Packages||Listed Above||View Plans|
|Equipment Prices||Varies||$599.00 and up|
|Monitoring Prices (Per Month)||$44.99 and up||$40.00 and up|
|Professional installation||Included||Pricing by quote|
|DIY Installation||Not available||Not available|
|Mobile App Access||Yes||Yes|
|Smart Home Compatibility||Yes||Yes|
The This Old House Reviews Team rates SafeStreets USA an 8.5 out of 10. It is a good choice for people who want a wide range of services, backup battery, and affiliation with ADT, which has more than 140 years of experience in the home security industry.
For easy DIY installation, we recommend SimpliSafe as an alternative provider. You can learn more about SimpliSafe’s products by visiting the company’s website. If you’re looking for more affordable rates, Abode is another home security provider worth considering. More information about Abode’s products can be found on its site.
More Reviews on Home Security Systems
Frequently Asked Questions About SafeStreets USA Home Security
Our Rating Methodology
The This Old House Reviews Team backs up our home security recommendations with a detailed rating methodology that we use to objectively score each provider. Our research includes analyzing product specifications, reviewing service and plan information, speaking with customer service representatives, and analyzing customer reviews. We then score the provider against our review standards for system options, special features, installation options, connectivity and smart-home automation features, pricing, contract terms, warranty, usability, availability of a trial period, and trustworthiness to arrive at a final score out of 100.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.