- Use a paint brush to apply two coats of masking liquid onto the panes of the glass, allowing 30 minutes between coats. It’s okay if the masking liquid overlaps some of the wood frame of the window as it will also act as a spot primer.
- After two coats of masking liquid have been applied, allow the window to dry for four hours before applying a top coat.
- Use a paint brush to apply a top coat to the wood parts of the window sash. The paint can be applied right to the cured masking liquid.
- After two top coats have been applied and dried, use a razor knife to cut a clean line between the window glass and the wood.
- Peel the masking liquid off the glass.