Tools & Materials
In this video, This Old House master plaster Stephen Norton explains how to plaster a wall.
1. Use trowel to place mound of veneer plaster onto hawk.
2. Scoop up some plaster with the trowel, making sure it’s centered on its blade.
3. Smear plaster onto the wall with the trowel using an upsweeping motion.
4. Turn over the trowel and work the plaster down.
5. Maintain even pressure to produce a thin, smooth plaster coat.
6. Continue working your across the wall, using stilts or stepladder to reach high areas.