Erus Energy offers customers solar energy systems constructed with quality equipment that’s backed by comprehensive warranties. The company provides various purchasing options and operates under the mission of creating a way for everyone to generate their own clean, renewable energy. Read our review on Erus Energy services, installation, and purchasing plans to help you decide if Erus is the best solar company for you.
If you’re looking at renewable energy solutions, we recommend receiving quotes from a few local solar providers. Use this tool to view solar pricing and incentives near you.
Is Erus Energy Worth It?
Erus Energy offers homeowners the ability to produce their own renewable, clean energy through solar power. The company’s structured installation process and four purchasing plans make Erus a solid choice for homeowners in the Southwest.
Compare the advantages and disadvantages of Erus Energy below.
Pros and Cons of Erus Energy
✔ Offers customers the choice of four purchasing plans
✔ Installs solar systems using a succinct, four-step process
✔ Provides customers with system monitoring through the Enphase Enlighten app
✘ Isn’t available nationwide
✘ Not accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB)
Erus Energy Solar Panel Installation
Erus Energy completes its residential solar panel installation using a four-step process executed with each homeowner’s needs in mind.
- Quote—Erus Energy requires customers to talk with its solar consultants to determine their home’s compatibility with solar panels. If their home is right for solar, Erus will offer a free quote detailing what customers can expect during installation.
- Design and installation—Erus technicians and engineers will design a solar energy system based on the specifics of your home. Once you approve the designed system, Erus begins installation.
- Inspection—Erus will coordinate a final system inspection with your local municipality to ensure it’s up to code.
- Connection—To turn your system on, Erus will help you schedule a grid connection with your local electric company.
Solar Battery Installation
Erus allows customers to store the excess energy their system generates with an Enphase solar battery. The battery back-up is installed with the rest of your solar system and acts as an additional power supply for your home. Additionally, the battery uses stored energy to function as a generator when your home loses power.
Erus Energy uses industry-leading equipment that has production guarantees averaging 25 years. The length of the guarantee varies with each solar manufacturer.
Erus Energy Purchasing Plans
Erus offers customers four different ways to pay for their solar energy system, including purchase, finance, lease, or power purchase agreement (PPA). Here’s a breakdown of how they each work:
- Purchase—Erus allows customers to purchase their system in full to maximize savings and avoid monthly solar payments.
- Finance—Customers who finance will apply for a solar loan, which is similar to a car or auto loan, and commit to set monthly payments over some time.
- Lease—This is the most affordable option offered by Erus. Leasing customers pay a set monthly rate over a fixed period and there are no upfront costs.
- PPA—Customers who choose a PPA pay little to no upfront costs and pay monthly for the power generated by their solar system.
Erus Energy Customer Service
Erus provides repair and maintenance services to Erus customers and noncustomers. Here are a few custom service options offered by the company:
- System monitoring
- Panel cleaning
- System inspection
- Monitoring check
- Remote troubleshooting
- Solar panel removal and reinstallation
- System upgrades
Erus Energy Reviews
While Erus Energy isn’t accredited by the BBB, it does currently hold an A+ score.* During our analysis of the company’s reputation, we read more than 100 reviews to get a sense of common positive and negative experiences from real customers. While some customers complained about poor experiences with the local offices recommend too few panels to be installed, others were impressed with their entire experience.
Here are some examples of those reviews from the company’s BBB page:
“Even after I committed to making the purchase, [the company] stayed in touch to make sure everything went smoothly and met my expectations. Now that the panels are installed, I couldn’t be more satisfied and thankful to have extra [savings] in my account!” – Cassaundra V.
“Erus Energy and their team kept me in the loop throughout the entire process! The team was on-time and diligent. We have been installed for about 2 months now and have seen the results firsthand, our [electricity bill] went from $360 last year to $21 dollars.” – Vincent L.
“Erus was initially recommended to us by a neighbor to have panels installed. Erus sold us a system that was much too small. When I contacted them to report we were still receiving high electricity bills, I was told our system needed to be expanded.” – Christopher
“Had and am still having to do a lot of the work on learning how the system is worked. Sales team was really misleading. They promised so much.” – J. M.
*BBB information accurate as of August 2022
Erus Energy provides customers in Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona with custom solar systems backed by industry-leading customer service. The company has installed over 15,000 systems and plans to expand its services into California, Florida, Nevada, North Carolina, and South Carolina to keep with its mission of providing accessible solar solutions to people across the country.
If you’re considering a solar system from Erus Energy, use this tool to compare local solar pricing and available incentives in your area.
Compare Erus Energy to Other Solar Providers
|Provider||Erus Energy||Sunrun||Palmetto Solar|
|Solar services||Solar panel and battery back-up installation||Solar panel and battery back-up installation||Solar panel and battery back-up installation|
|Service areas||3 states||22 states||15 states|
|Panels offered||–||LG||LG, Silfab, Yingli|
|Warranty length||Varies by provider||10–25 years||25-year output warranty|
|Payment options||Buy, finance, lease, PPA||Buy, finance, lease, PPA||Buy, finance|
Erus Energy Overview
- Company name: Erus Energy
- Company type: Private
- CEO: David Brady
- Years in business: 16
- Address: 1155 Larry Mahan, El Paso, Texas 79925
- Phone: 915-260-8623
- Website: https://www.erusenergy.com/
Frequently Asked Questions About Erus Energy
Our Rating Methodology
The This Old House Reviews Team is committed to providing comprehensive and unbiased reviews to our readers. This means earning your trust through transparent reviews and having the data to back up our ratings and recommendations. Our rating system for solar panel companies and installers is on a 100-point scale based on five factors:
- Payment options (40 points): Options include purchase, loan, lease, and Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs). Companies receive points for each of those four options it provides.
- Solar services (30 points): Does the company provide in-house installation of solar panels and battery backups? Can the company also monitor energy production and perform energy-efficiency audits to ensure system performance. The more options available, the higher the score.
- Warranty options (10 points): The success of a residential solar system depends on the workmanship, performance guarantees, and length of product coverage. We score solar companies based on the number of warranty options available. The more warranties a solar company offers, the higher the score it receives.
- State Availability (10 points): We award the most points to solar companies with the broadest service area and state availability.
- Reputation (10 points): We factor in how the Business Better Bureau (BBB) scores each company. We deduct points for any alerts or pending lawsuits.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.