R.P. Marzilli & Company markets itself as a high-end residential landscape team with decades of experience. The company manages stunning estates and large properties throughout New England. It offers design, construction, and maintenance services.
Choosing the right landscape team for your home comes down to a series of priorities, including the budget, the team’s portfolio, and expertise. R.P. Marzilli & Company is ideal for New England-based residents with larger budgets looking for guidance on overhauling a large property or one who requires extensive maintenance and seasonal changes throughout the year.
In this guide, we’ll review services and pricing, and explain what you can expect when working with the R.P. Marzilli team.
Pros & Cons of R.P. Marzilli & Company
✔ Has a horticulture team to maintain gardens and lawns
✔ Provides masonry services
✔ Offers complete landscape maintenance, from overall management to detailed individual services
✘ Only provides services in the New England area
✘ Minimal online reviews
If any of the cons listed above are deal-breakers, we recommend reaching out to TruGreen. This leading lawn care provider balances expertise with budget-friendly lawn care options.
R.P. Marzilli & Company Plans and Services
R.P. Marzilli & Company offers a variety of services, from landscape overhaul and diagnostics to general maintenance and seasonal decor. The company takes on unique landscapes throughout the cities, suburbs, and countryside of New England, including roof decks and unique patios. Below is a more detailed description of each service.
1. Landscape Construction Services
The majority of R.P. Marzilli & Company’s work lies in its ability to overhaul large properties and install features to an outdoor space or roof garden. R.P. Marzilli & Company tackles all aspects of the landscape construction process, including services like grading, drainage, and landscape lighting. The team also takes on large projects like building courts and poolscapes, as well as expansive open landscapes like prairies.
Here’s a complete list of large-scale projects:
- Site development
- Sport courts
2. Masonry Services
R.P. Marzilli & Company design and masonry crews install elements that can enhance an outdoor living experience. These elements may include large-scale projects like outdoor fireplaces and accents like walkways and stairways. The team also works on indoor masonry projects, such as wine cellar and stone accent work.
Past masonry projects have included:
- Outdoor kitchens
3. Landscape Maintenance Services
R.P. Marzilli & Company provides upkeep and enhancements for your current landscape. The team provides upkeep all year round, including spring and fall cleanups, summer pruning, and winter decor. The team also specializes in edible gardens and perennial care, as well as changing out seasonal plantings.
Specific lawn maintenance services include:
- Seasonal cleanup
- Turf care
- Garden care
- Garden bed cleanup
- Perennial care
- Seasonal rotations
- Irrigation monitoring
- Landscape enhancements
- Special event prep
R.P. Marzilli & Company Locations
R.P. Marzilli & Company has one location in Medway, Massachusetts. Though it does not list specific areas that it services, it does list itself as a New England landscape company, implying that it works in other states. Past projects have been listed in Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
R.P. Marzilli & Company Reviews
R.P. Marzilli & Company is not accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB), nor does it feature complaints or remarks on the BBB.
Here’s one customer review from Google:
“One of New England’s best Landscape Companies. Specializing in higher end start to finish design/build projects. Planting to hardscape. Top quality craftsmanship. Recipients of countless awards” — Scott R.
R.P. Marzilli & Company vs. Competitors
Compare how R.P. Marzilli & Company stacks up against other lawn care providers.
Top-Rated Lawn Care Alternatives
|Breakdown||R.P. Marzilli||TruGreen||Lawn Doctor|
|Breakdown||R.P. Marzilli||TruGreen||Lawn Doctor|
|Lawn Care Programs||N/A||5 + a la carte services||2 + a la carte services|
|Mobile App||–||✔||Only for New York|
|2018 Revenue*||$36.6 million||$1.37 billion||$128.4 million|
|Number of Employees*||205||13,504||1,350|
*Lawn & Landscape, Top 100 Issue, 2019
R.P. Marzilli & Company offers unique services such as masonry and landscape construction for sport courts and site development, but it fails to offer basic lawn care services to maintain customer lawn health. Additionally, the company services a small area of the United States and doesn’t provide landscaping assistance to a majority of the country.
If you’re on the hunt for a highly qualified team ready to take on a large landscaping project, R.P. Marzilli & Company may be an ideal option. Its team of experienced masons and designers can help build long-term landscape installations and treat customers with a high level of care.
For more comprehensive lawn care, we recommend TruGreen, the nation’s leading lawn care company. TruGreen focuses on keeping your lawn and landscape healthy and lush throughout the seasons, offering integrative solutions for even the toughest issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is masonry?
Masonry is the process of building structures from individual stone, clay, brick, or concrete blocks.
What is landscape design?
Landscape design is the process of arranging or modifying yard features for an aesthetic or functional purpose. For example, landscaping could involve planting new trees, adding in hardscape elements, or rearranging a space.
What’s the difference between landscaping and lawn care?
Landscaping focuses on transforming an outdoor space through design or construction, while lawn care involves maintenance services like mowing, edging, fertilizing, and weeding.
- Company name: R.P. Marzilli
- Company type: Private
- CEO: Robert Marzilli
- Year founded: 1985
- Headquarters: 21A Trotter Dr, Medway, MA 02053-2299
- State availability: 5
- BBB rating: A+
Our Rating Methodology
To provide readers with the most objective, accurate, and detailed recommendations, the This Old House Reviews Team continually researches lawn care service companies on the market. We take the following steps to obtain up-to-date information about the industry and each company we review:
- Analyze more than 100 customer reviews from third-party review sites, such as Yelp, the Better Business Bureau (BBB), and Google Reviews, for each company
- Secret-shop for lawn care plans and packages to get a sense of cost, offered services, and the overall shopping experience for prospective customers
- Speak with representatives on the phone to simulate the customer service experience from each provider
- Update information on a regular basis to ensure the most accurate information when plans or services change with each company
We use the data from our research to build an in-depth rating system that allows us to score lawn care providers on a 100-point scale. Here are the factors in our evaluation and their designated scores:
- Plan options (30): As one of the most important factors for homeowners shopping for a lawn care service, this one is weighted heavily based on each company’s lawn coverage. Companies that offer more options, such as irrigation, weed control, seeding, and aeration services in addition to a general plan, score higher than others.
- Trustworthiness (30): Each company’s reputation is another significant factor for homeowners to consider before signing up for a plan. We scored providers based on their BBB score, accreditation, and offered guarantees available with each purchase.
- Additional Benefits (20): We gave extra points to companies that provide a few additional services and benefits with their offered plans, such as organic treatments, pest control services, and a mobile app for digital communication and plan management.
- Customer Service (10): In this rating category, we awarded points to customer-focused lawn care service providers who offer weekend availability and easy communication through phones, online chats, and online resources.
- Availability (10): We also scored companies based on their overall availability, rewarding those that are nationally available over local companies only operating in select cities or ZIP codes.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.