Future House | How to Install a Robotic Wall
Ask This Old House home technology expert Ross Trethewey helps install a robotic wall to maximize space for a small, urban apartment in Future House.
$3,000 and up, depending on finishes
- Connect the motorized wall component using screws and a screwdriver.
- Slide the braces of the chassis into the base.
- Connect the chassis braces using screws and a screwdriver.
- Build the wall by connecting the pre-made structure. Start with a base.
- Make the connections using a socket wrench, bolts and washers.
- Connect the drawers and cabinets by clicking in pre-made hardware and screw them in using a drill/driver.
- Screw in bed slats using screws and a drill/driver.