In this video, Scott Caron, master electrician for Ask This Old House, installs LED track lights and LED track lights with Bluetooth speaker technology to brighten up a loft bedroom.
- Find a source of constant power to connect new wiring.
- Turn off electricity to the power source/outlet.
- Outline where you want to run wire and spread out the surface raceway covering accordingly.
- Attach back clips for the surface raceway by drilling into the wall and driving in screws.
- Place 14-gauge wire through the surface raceway as you build it along your outline. 6. To manage any angles, uses flexible corrugated loom tube and bind it using anti-short bushings.
- Fit the raceway connector into the track lighting electrical box.
- Install by screwing into the structure using a drill/driver.
- Screw in wires to the electrical box connections using a screwdriver.
- Connect the lighting track to the structure using screws and a drill/driver.
- Connect the LED light heads by sliding them into the track and rotating them to click them in.
- Splice wiring to the switch and outlet by tying in 14-gauge wire to the existing wiring using pliers and wire nuts.