Home>Discussions>INSULATION & HVAC>Flexible chimney vent for gas boiler
2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Flexible chimney vent for gas boiler

Does anyone recall the TOH episode in the last couple of years where the updated gas boiler was vented through the chimney with a flexible plastic or pvc like material? If you do, then can you tell me what the product is called?

I intend to convert my oil burner to a gas burner (not a new high efficiency unit) and wanted to use the product in question. Thanks in advance.


Re: Flexible chimney vent for gas boiler

This procedure of installing a new vent for an updated gas boiler is closely controlled by your local city/town ordinances code, since there can be many improper installations that can result in asphixiation deaths and injuries due to an improper vent installation-------in nearly all jurisdictions the town/city ordinances require that  the installation be installed by a licensed HVAC installer, and that the material for the vent be restricted to flex stainless steel or aluminum, according to the local town ordinances in effect in your town---------this is one example of a DIY project that MUST be left to the licensed HVAC installer-----there's too much at stake to leave this to a DIY job that can cause death or serious injury to the house occupants.   

Sponsored Stories

TV Listings

Find TV listings for This Old House and Ask This Old House in your area.