Mr. Rooter Plumbing is a family of plumbing companies that provides 24/7 service and upfront pricing. In this article, the This Old House Reviews Team reveals what customers think of Mr. Rooter and reviews the company’s services, cost, availability, and more. Customers can get started on getting a quote on the company’s website.
Background and Availability
Founded in 1970, Mr. Rooter Plumbing is a family of independently owned and operated plumbing companies in the U.S. and Canada. Mr. Rooter is available in 46 states, including all but Hawaii, Maine, North Dakota, and Vermont. The company employs licensed and insured service professionals and offers upfront pricing with no overtime charges. Mr. Rooter Plumbing’s customer service team is available 24/7, and the company offers emergency services around-the-clock, providing quick services for time-sensitive repairs that customers can’t afford to wait to have fixed.
|Is available 24/7||Not available in Maine, Hawaii, Vermont, or North Dakota|
|Provides emergency plumbing services|
|Doesn’t have overtime charges|
Mr. Rooter Plumbing Services
Mr. Rooter Plumbing offers a variety of plumbing services for homeowners and commercial clients. With its plumbing services, Mr. Rooter guarantees all workmanship. Below, we’ve provided a list of the company’s services for residential and commercial customers.
From emergency plumbing services to addressing frozen pipes, here are a few residential and commercial services performed by the company:
- Plumbing diagnosis and inspection
- Plumbing system maintenance
- Sewer system backups
- Water heater installation
- Water heater repair and replacement
- Leak detection
- Clogged drains
- Hydro Scrub jetting
- Plumbing repairs
- Plumbing video camera inspection
- Sump pumps
- Water line repairs
- Well pump service
- Drain cleaning
- Plumbing replacement and installations
- Sewer line repair and replacements
- Trenchless sewer line repair
- Water line replacement and installations
- Well pump installation and replacement
Regarding commercial services, Mr. Rooter Plumbing can serve all sizes and types of locations, including:
- Restaurants and bars
- Hotels and resorts
- Business offices
- Health clinics and hospitals
- Assisted living and nursing homes
- Sports arenas
- Malls and shopping centers
- Food retailers and grocery stores
- Convenience stores and gas stations
- Schools, colleges, and universities
- Public buildings and airports
- Plants that process food
Mr. Rooter also provides emergency plumbing services. This is important, as some plumbing issues need to be addressed immediately in order to prevent larger problems in your home.
Mr. Rooter provides an Advantage Plan membership that includes these benefits:
- Priority scheduling—Advantage Plan members are given priority when emergency service is needed.
- Preferential pricing—Members receive special discounts.
- Periodic specials—Advantage Plan clients receive an updated record of every plumbing visit that lists every issue or repair the company has completed.
- Transferable agreement—Advantage Plans are transferable to new homeowners.
How Much Does Mr. Rooter Plumbing Charge?
Because the scope of repairs can vary based on several factors, Mr. Rooter will need to inspect the plumbing issue before giving a quote. The company provides upfront pricing after the initial appointment to evaluate the problem.
Mr. Rooter’s plumbing estimate appointments involve a thorough diagnosis, so the quote given to the homeowner remains the same from the start of service to the completion of the project. The company doesn’t charge homeowners for overtime work, so customers don’t have to worry about unexpected fees based on the time it takes to complete the fixes.
Mr. Rooter Plumbing offers 24/7 customer service. When you call the company, a customer service representative will book an appointment time that works well for you and one of its service professionals.
Mr. Rooter is currently taking a variety of preventive measures to limit the spread and impact of COVID-19, such as:
- Washing hands with soap for at least 20 seconds
- Using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer when water and soap are not available
- Keeping the recommended six feet from customers
- Cleaning frequently touched surfaces
- Covering cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throwing tissue in the trash
- Staying home when sick
Mr. Rooter Reviews
Because Mr. Rooter’s plumbing companies are independently owned and operated businesses, some third-party review websites have different webpages for the company’s businesses. The This Old House Reviews Team researched Mr. Rooter Plumbing of Wake County in North Carolina and found that the company has generally received great reviews.
Here’s a sampling of positive and negative Mr. Rooter reviews:
“I had an emergency, and I didn’t know who to call. I found out [Mr. Rooter] was open after hours. [From the] office staff to the technicians, [the company] was extremely helpful! My technician was very knowledgeable.” — Kali C. via Yelp on November 15, 2019
“[My technician] was extremely polite and knowledgeable. He put in a lot of time to find the right part, and [the company] held to the agreed-upon price for the job. [The technician] and his assistant both wore high-end face masks.” — Don B. via HomeAdvisor on July 9, 2020
“The technician was not sure of the job and his work either…[The service was] overpriced, and I will never hire a plumber [again] with [his] attitude and [lack of] professionalism.” — Anonymous via Home Advisor on May 6, 2017
“I called twice waiting on the company to respond. I was told I’d be called. I was never called, and my water heater sits leaking as I wait for [the company’s response]. Customer service was not good! It’s been 12 hours and still no reply.” — Heather H. via Yelp on January 4, 2020
Mr. Rooter Plumbing is a reputable plumbing franchise that offers upfront pricing, emergency services, and no overtime charges. Because each of its businesses is independently owned and operated, we recommend that prospective customers research third-party reviews in their specific location. While inspections are required before the company provides quotes, you can get started on receiving an estimate by visiting Mr. Rooter Plumbing’s website:
- Company name: Mr. Rooter Plumbing
- Company type: Private
- President: Doyle James
- Years in business: 50
- Phone: 855-982-2028
- Website: https://www.mrrooter.com/
Frequently Asked Questions
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.