1 out of 5EasySimple maintenance, no skills required
$300 to $400
45 to 60 minutes
Tools & Materials
In this video, This Old House landscape contractor Roger Cook explains how fuel-powered bug zappers work.
- Refill the propane tank every three weeks.
- Frequently empty the mesh filter of dead mosquitoes.
- Replace the octenol attractant every 21 days.
- Twist off the plastic cap from valve stem on mosquito trap. Attach brass coupling to stem, then screw on carbon dioxide cartridge. Hand-tighten the cartridge, then back it out half a turn. The cartridge will blow debris from the fuel line.
- Use setting tool to reset the valve pin on propane tank. Screw the tool all the way into valve to reset pin.
- To reset the pin in the gas-hose regulator, screw the resetting tool into regulator.
- Place the mosquito trap in the shade or close to standing water.