- Before doing any electrical work, ensure power is turned off at the breaker. Confirm the power is off using an electric tester.
- Remove the current light fixture and disconnect the wires.
- Measure and mark where each new light fixture will go, maintaining even spacing.
- Use a hole saw to drill openings for the new lights.
- Fish 14-2 electrical wire from the main power source to one fixture. Fish wire to any additional fixtures.
- Make the electrical connections to each junction box and tie the wires together using wire nuts.
- Clip each LED light into its hole.
- Replace the existing light switch with an astronomic timer switch that will automatically turn the lights on at dusk.
- Restore power at the breaker and test the lights and switch.