How to Work with PEX Piping
In this how-to video, discover the wonders of plastic water pipe with This Old House plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey
In this video, This Old House plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey explains how to work with PEX piping.
1. Use PEX to run main cold-water feed into house.
2. Connect cold-water feed to manifold.
3. Run separate cold-water lines out from manifold to various fixtures.
4. Run PEX hot-water feed from water heater to manifold.
5. Run separate hot-water lines out from manifold to various fixtures.
6. Use flaring tool to attach fitting onto end of PEX piping.
7. Thread PEX fitting onto manifold and tighten with preset torque wrench.