Priority Home Warranty is one of the fastest-growing home warranty companies, offering basic and comprehensive plans with flexible payment options and customer service that utilizes advanced technology to provide 24/7 access. Continue reading our review of Priority Home Warranty below for more information on plans and pricing.
Our Take on Priority Home Warranty
We rated Priority Home Warranty a 85 out of 100 and selected it as the best home warranty company for choosing your own contractor or technician. Some highlights include:
- A 90-day workmanship guarantee on all repairs
- Bonus months offered on annual plans
- Free personalized quotes
Pros and Cons of Priority Home Warranty
✔ Customizable plans
✔ Flexibility in contractor selection
✔ Customer portal with real-time tracking
✘ Available in only 23 states
✘ Cancellation fee of $50
Priority Home Warranty Plans & Coverage
Priority Home Warranty is dedicated to prioritizing customers’ unique needs through affordable and customizable coverage. The company offers three plans:
- Systems Home Care: Best for covering major systems, such as your air conditioning and heating
- Appliance Home Care: Best for covering major appliances, including your refrigerator and dishwasher
- Total Home Care: Best for comprehensive system and appliance coverage
|Item Covered||Systems Home Care||Appliance Home Care||Total Home Care|
|Ceiling and exhaust fans||–||✓||✓|
Priority Home Warranty offers additional coverage beyond coverage for home appliances and systems.
Here are the optional add-ons offered by Priority Home Warranty:
- Ice maker
- Standalone freezer
- Septic pumping
- Septic system
- Water softener
- Tankless water heater
- Central vacuum
- Sump pump
- Well pump
- Limited roof leak coverage
- Pool and spa
- Salt water pool system
- Over 5,000 square feet
- Second dishwasher, tankless water heater, clothes washer, clothes dryer, refrigerator, oven/range/stove, and air conditioner
Priority Home Warranty Pricing
Priority Home Warranty offers home warranty plans starting at $1 per day, with flexible payment options available depending upon your needs. The company offers an online promotional discount of $100 off plus three months of coverage with the purchase of an annual plan. Plan prices vary depending on the type of plan, where you live, and the cost of any optional add-ons.
Priority Home Warranty plans typically cost between $33 and $47 per month. The company offers month-to-month, annual, and 15-month contracts. Fill out this quick online form or call 954-228-2343 to receive a free quote for plans in your area.
Customers pay a service call fee of $70 in addition to their monthly premium. A service call fee is a one-time flat rate paid to a contractor who visits your home to repair or replace a system or appliance.
Priority Home Warranty State Availability
Priority Home Warranty is currently available in 23 states: Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Jersey, North Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, and West Virginia.
Priority Home Warranty Reviews
Priority Home Warranty has been in operation since 2014. It’s not listed as an accredited business with the Better Business Bureau (BBB).*
*BBB-accredited businesses pay a fee for accreditation, and their services have not been evaluated or endorsed by the BBB.
Here are a few customer reviews from Priority Home Warranty’s website:
“Excellent service and follow-through. [Priority Home Warranty] made sure we were contacted, that the repair was done, and that we felt satisfied. It was wonderful to have someone watching out for us!” —Jeff H., July 2021
“Signing up for home warranty coverage with Priority was a good experience…The policy seems to cover a great deal for a very good price.” —Danielle M., April 2021
“Sign-up was simple and the online portal is very user-friendly. So convenient to manage my plan, etc. [The company offers] very high-tech services like the live claim tracker! Nothing like it. Most definitely better than any others I’ve seen.” —Eytan G., March 2021
The This Old House Reviews Team rated Priority Home Warranty a 85 out of 100 and named it the best provider for choosing your own contractor. Its affordable rates, advanced technology, and customizable service contracts make it a good option for homeowners.
Interested in signing up for a home warranty with Priority Home Warranty? Call 954-228-2343 or visit the company’s website for a free online quote for pricing in your area:
|Link||Star Rating||BBB Rating||Monthly Cost||Service Fee|
|American Home Shield||VISIT SITE||B||$40–$58||$75–$125|
|Liberty Home Guard||VISIT SITE||A-||$40–$60||$65–$125|
|Select Home Warranty||VISIT SITE||B||$36–$38||$60–$75|
|First American Home Warranty||VISIT SITE||B||$36–$38||$75|
|Cinch Home Services||VISIT SITE||B||$35–$62||$100–$150|
|AFC Home Club||VISIT SITE||B||$38–$54||$75–$125|
|First American Home Warranty|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Company name: Priority Home Warranty
- CEO: Sean Azafrani
- Telephone: 888-812-1060
- Address: 3360 NW 110th Street
- City/State: Miami, FL
- Zip code: 33167
- BBB rating: Not accredited
Our Rating Methodology
The This Old House Reviews Team is committed to providing comprehensive and unbiased reviews to our readers, and we aim to provide transparency in our review standards and research process.
Our research process includes speaking with representatives from more than 40 home warranty providers, requesting quotes, and asking clarifying questions to gain insight into each provider’s benefits and downsides. We also analyze sample contracts from each company to understand specific coverage terms.
To rate companies, we apply the data we have gathered to our review standards. These standards are on a 100-point scoring system, which is detailed below:
- Coverage (35 points): Providers are scored based on breadth and depth of coverage. We focused on key home systems (HVAC, plumbing, and electrical), essential appliances (refrigerator, ovens, and laundry machines), and unique coverage items (such as roof-leak coverage and code violation allowances). Coverage scores are weighted by taking into account coverage caps and other limiting factors, meaning providers with greater range of coverage and higher coverage caps score the highest.
- Value (30 points): A company’s plan value is a reflection of how well it serves the customer in comparison to what the customer pays for the policy. We accounted for monthly costs, service call fees, and cost flexibility (such as customizable service call fees, discounts, and multi-year policies).
- Trustworthiness and Transparency (21 points): Trustworthiness and transparency are a reflection of how well the provider considers the customer’s interests. We scored items such as the length of workmanship guarantees, online availability of a sample contract, policy change flexibility, and ease of cancellation. Additionally, we scored items that reflect industry reputation and customer satisfaction, including analyzing brand reputation across the Better Business Bureau and third-party customer review aggregators.
- Availability and Service (14 points): Quality of customer service is key to customer satisfaction. We dug into each provider’s guaranteed response times, claims processes, service flexibility, emergency availability, and more.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.