5 out of 5HardProfessionals only
$10,000 and up
- Installing a whole-house heat pump is best left to a professional contractor. The contractor should run a heat load calculation to determine the correct sizing of the overall system.
- A wall-mounted ductless heat pump is a good solution for open areas like entertaining areas, bonus rooms, or open floor plans.
- Outdoor units can be sized to accommodate multiple zones of heating and cooling.
- In snowy climates, the outdoor unit should be mounted above the snow line.
- Refrigerant tubing connects the outdoor unit to the indoor units via a branch box which can connect five indoor units with individual refrigerant lines.
- Ductless units can be attached to duct work to feed conditioned air into the living space. Each unit requires two refrigerant connections, a drain line to remove condensate, a supply duct to bring conditioned air to the living space, and a return duct to bring the air back to be heated or cooled.
- Each zone has its own programmable thermostat.
All of the heating and cooling equipment, including the outdoor condenser, indoor wall-mounted unit, and indoor air handlers are manufactured by Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heat.
Expert advice with this installation was provided by NETR Inc.