Steps for connecting multiple wireless light switches:
- Start by shutting off the power at the main breaker.
- Remove the switch cover and remove the old switch. Both the cover and the wires can be loosened with a screwdriver.
- Connect the hot, neutral, and ground wires on the smart switch with the wires in the wall using some wire nuts.
- Push the switch back into the wall and secure the cover plate over it with the screwdriver.
- Determine the location for the wireless switch. The switch comes with a wall mounting bracket that can be screwed into the wall. The wireless switch then snaps into the bracket.
- Program the wireless switch to pair with wired smart switch following the manufacturer’s instructions.
Heath installed the Caseta by Lutron Smart Kit. This included three In-Wall Smart Dimmer Switches to replace the old switches, two Pico Smart Remotes for Dimmers at both entryways to communicate with all the other switches, and a Smart Bridge to connect it all to the Internet. The kit is manufactured by Caseta.
All the other materials Heath used for this project, including the two gang cover plate and the screwdriver, can be found at home centers.
Expert assistance with this segment was provided by Eaton and Eastman Electric.