- Before any electrical work, always shut the power off at the main breaker.
- Program each smoke and CO detector following the instructions via the app. You can label each one by room description (kitchen, living room, etc.)
- Remove the old smoke detector from the ceiling with a flathead screwdriver. Hold on to the screws to reuse for the new plates.
- Cap the existing interconnect wire with a wire nut as it will no longer be needed.
- Connect the pigtail provided by the manufacturer to the house’s power supply. Cover with a wire nut.
- Install the new mounting plate to the electrical box, using the flathead screwdriver and the existing screws.
- Plug the smoke and CO detector in, then snap it into the mounting bracket.
- Repeat for all rooms in the house.
- Turn the power back on and test each device using the “test” button.