Affiliate Disclosure: This Old House‘s Reviews Team is committed to delivering honest, objective, and independent reviews on home products and services. To support this business model, This Old House may be compensated if you purchase through links on our website.
Even with your central heating system cranked up, getting out of a warm bed on a cold morning can be difficult. Winter essentials, such as blankets, space heaters, humidifiers, and ice scrapers help make the winter months safer and more enjoyable. To help homeowners stay toasty and comfortable during the coldest, darkest months of the year, the This Old House Reviews Team researched the best Black Friday deals on winter essentials. Discover our top Amazon product finds below.
Vornado Heater with Auto Climate Control
If you’d like to compare other heaters on sale, take a look at these options:
- Best for Garages: Comfort Zone Ceiling Mount Heater
- Best Infrared: Heat Storm Mounted Infrared Wall Heater
- Best Oscillating: PELONIS Space Heater
510 DESIGN 8-Piece Comforter Set
If you want a different bedding look, here are our top three alternatives:
- Most Comprehensive: Comfort Spaces Bed in a Bag
- Best Plaid Set: Dearfoams Cotton Comforter Set
- Most Luxurious: Madison Park Cotton Comforter Set
Comfort Zone Mini Electric Fireplace Heater
For other great products to stay warm this winter, try one of these on-sale picks:
- Best Wall Mounted: Electactic Recessed Electric Fireplace
- Best Storage: Furinno Fireplace and Entertainment Center Stand
- Best Value: Ameriwood Fireplace TV Stand
Comfort Spaces Electric Blanket
If you’d prefer a different type of heated blanket, three picks to consider are:
- Best Wool Blanket: Stansport Wool Blanket
- Best for Pets: PETMAKER Waterproof Pet Blanket
- Best Electric Blanket Controls: Serta Soft Plush Electric Blanket
Karcher Electric Handheld Ice Scraper
If you want to compare Black Friday deals, here are our top three alternatives:
- Best Ice Preventative: Caterpillar Windshield Snow Cover
- Best Snow Brush: BDK Extendable Snow Brush
- Best for Emergencies: Swiss+Tech Auto Emergency Escape Tool
Honeywell Cool Moisture Humidifier
To keep dry air away, here are three other deals on humidifiers:
- Best In the Dark: HoMedics Humidifier and Night Light
- Best Aroma: ASAKUKI Essential Oil Diffuser
- Best Entry-Level: Sharper Image Ultrasonic Humidifier
COSORI Mug Warmer and Coffee Cup Warmer
For warm beverages all winter, compare with these other options:
- Best for Food: Crock-Pot Electric Lunch Box
- Best Water Heater: Zojirushi Water Boiler and Warmer
- Most Portable: Simple Modern Insulated Travel Coffee Mug
Snow Joe Electric Snow Thrower
If you missed out on this deal, here are our top three alternatives:
- Best Outdoor Vacuum: Snow Joe Ash Vacuum
- Best Shovel: Snow Joe Spring-Assisted Snow Shovel
- Best Hybrid Option: Snow Joe Cordless Snow Shovel Kit
Yukon Charlie’s Steerable Snow Sled
Other picks from our team for sledding enthusiasts include:
- Best Snowshoe: SportsStuff Kids Snowshoe
- Best Snow Scooter: SportsStuff Youth Snow Scooter
- Best for Snow Forts: SportsStuff Snow Brick Maker
Alpine Corporation Snowman Holiday Decoration
To keep decorating, here are some other Christmas items we love:
- Best Decorative Pillow: Stupell Industries Novelty Pillow
- Best Outdoor Decoration: Alpine Corporation Snowflake Garden Stakes
- Best Artificial Tree: Christopher Knight Home Store Artificial Christmas Tree
Frequently Asked Questions About Black Friday Winter Essentials
What are some good winter essentials?
Good winter essentials include clothing items such as warm leggings, puffer jackets, loafers to wear around the house, sweats, winter coats, and other cold-weather gear. Besides warm clothing, check out early Black Friday sales for the following winter-related items:
- Battery warmers
- Holiday decorations
- Ice scrapers
- Mug and coffee warmers
- Sleds and toboggans
- Snow shovels
- Space heaters
- Windshield covers
What is the best time to buy winter essentials?
The best time to buy winter essentials is usually Black Friday and Cyber Monday. However, you can also find good clothing deals during the summer, when these items aren’t in high demand.
What are some of the best deals on winter essentials?
Some of the best deals on winter essentials include price markdowns of as much as 50%. Though these early-access deals often focus on clothing and outerwear, you can also find skincare and beauty deals, sneakers, sportswear, loungewear, and trending men’s and women’s holiday gifts.
Do I need to purchase winter essentials if I live in a warm area?
No. You don’t need to purchase winter essentials if you live in an area that stays warm year-round. However, having a hoodie, pair of joggers or tights, or other clothing items you can layer for travel is a bright idea. Additionally, many of these Amazon Black Friday deals make great gifts for loved ones that live in cold, wintery areas.
Why should I buy winter essentials online rather than in-store?
Buying winter essentials online allows you to take advantage of new arrivals, limited-time offers, bestsellers, and other online exclusives that aren’t available at a traditional brick-and-mortar retailer.
Why Trust The This Old House Reviews Team
This Old House has empowered homeowners for more than four decades with top-notch home improvement content in the form of television programs, print media, and digital content on its website and social media platforms. The This Old House Reviews Team focuses on creating in-depth product and service review content to help inform your purchasing decision for just about any item or resource that you might need for your home. The This Old House Reviews Team has written over 1,000 reviews on products in the home space, from cordless drills to kitchen trash cans, lawn mowers, and dining room decorations.
We recommend products in each review using an intensive research process, spending hours combing through the best available models on Amazon. For a product to make our list of top picks, it must hold a solid sales record on Amazon, have consistently positive customer reviews, and offer unique features, among other factors. After narrowing down our list of recommendations, we conduct additional research and sometimes in-person testing to ensure that the products meet our standards. Once we conclude the research phase, we craft a well-rounded, user-friendly article that includes our recommended products and additional information to help homeowners like you make the right purchase.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.