With just a few weeks from the completion of the Lexington project, the temporary staircase leading to the new second-floor guest suite and office space is removed awaiting the new stair system which is a combination of steel railings and stringers and oak stair treads.
Kevin O’Connor sits down with homeowners Billy and Michelle for an interview about their son Caffrey’s diagnosis with Duchenne muscular dystrophy.
Caffrey and his sister Marlowe work with Mauro Henrique to paint a contemporary accent wall in his bedroom.
The metal for the new stair system has arrived, so Charlie and Tom Silva assist with the installation. Tom then fabricates the structural support system for the floating treads.
With the progress made on the exterior, it’s time to begin planting. Jenn Nawada, landscape contractor Fred Pendleton, and landscape expert Lee Gilliam work as a team to install both new plants and some existing rose bushes that were saved at the beginning of the project.
Original Air Date: Feb 8, 2024, Season 45; Ep. 14 23:42
Products and Services from this Episode
- Architect: Ruhl Jahnes
- Custom carpentry: Conor’s Custom Carpentry, Inc.
- Kitchen cabinet install assistance: Bespoke of Winchester
- Expert assistance: Rare Disease Renegades
- Interior design assistance: Rachel Dunham Design
- Iron rail manufacturer: Cassidy Bros. Forge, Inc.
- Siding installer: TJ Berky Builders
- Landscape contractor: K & R Landscape
- Plant supplier: Wagon Wheel Farm Stand & Plant Nursery