The intersecting low-sloped roofs, large double paned windows, and angles are prominent features that define this mid-century modern home’s exterior.
Now that the home is shaped up, paint expert Mauro Henrique paints sample exterior colors for the homeowners to choose from.
On the interior, insulation is in progress. In addition to the roofs and walls, the floors are also being insulated with rigid foam on top of the newly poured concrete subfloor—one part of the multi-layer floor system in an effort to meet the new energy codes.
Homeowner Billy visits a local hardware showroom where owner Kristopher Jong helps him select door hardware that has accessible consideration and modern in aesthetic to fit the style of the home.
Back at the house, plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey meets tile installer Mike O’Neil in Caffrey’s bathroom. The pair discuss the dual-function tile prep and waterproofing system that will create a watertight bathroom with a zero threshold entry to the shower.
Finally, builder Charlie Silva and host Kevin O’Connor assist window and door installer Michael Roy with installing a motorized multi-slide glass door to the back patio.
Original Air Date: Jan 11 2024, Season 45; Ep. 10 23:42
Products and Services from this Episode
- Architect: Ruhl Jahnes
- Landscape contractor: K & R Landscape
- Drywall contractor: Daniel’s Plastering
- Steel beam installers: Quinn Brothers of Essex, Inc.
- Concrete slab installers: Town and Country Masonry, Gloucester, MA
- Framing contractors: TJ Berky Builders
- Door hardware manufacturer: Baldwin Hardware
- Hardware showroom: MACK Designer Hardware
- Tiling assistance: Artistic Tile & Design, Inc.
- Waterproof system manufacturer: Schluter
- Window and door installers: Northeast Trade Services, LLC