Affiliate Disclosure: We may be compensated if you purchase through links on our website. Our Reviews Team is committed to delivering honest, objective, and independent reviews on home products and services.
Whether you swim laps for exercise or enjoy your pool as a recreational area when hosting friends and family, different accessories can make your pool even more enjoyable. From pool toys and safety equipment to games, lights, music players, floats, and more, pool accessories are available in various styles. To help you make a decision, the This Old House Reviews Team researched the best pool accessories on Amazon. Learn more about our top recommendations below.
Compare Top Pool Accessories
|DOLPHIN Nautilus Robotic Pool Cleaner
|16 x 10 x 16 inches
|JOYIN Inflatable Pool Float Set
|Volleyball set: 105 x 28 x 35 inches Basketball set: 27 x 23 x 27 inches
|Blufree Pool Speaker
|5 x 5 x 3.4 inches
|Jasonwell Inflatable Rainbow Cloud Drink Holder
|9.3 x 7 x 2.3 inches
Top Pool Accessories
- Best Cleaner: DOLPHIN Nautilus Robotic Pool Cleaner
- Best Games: JOYIN Inflatable Pool Float Set
- Best Speaker: Blufree Pool Speaker
- Best Drink Holder: Jasonwell Inflatable Rainbow Cloud Drink Holder
Best Cleaner: DOLPHIN Nautilus Robotic Pool Cleaner
- 4,500 GPH suction rate
- Covers up to 50 feet
- Has a 60-foot tangle-free cable
- Weighs 19 pounds
What Customers Are Saying
Happy owners of this robotic pool cleaner said that it was easy to use. Positive review highlights include the cleaner’s suction power, traction, and pool coverage. Some negative reviews noted that the unit got stuck on pool steps and the power supply cord was too short.
Best Games: JOYIN Inflatable Pool Float Set
- Includes volleyball and basketball games
- Made of a high-quality, non-toxic PVC material
- Weighs five pounds
- Volleyball set measures 105 x 28 x 35 inches, basketball set measures 27 x 23 x 27 inches
What Customers Are Saying
Most users found this inflatable volleyball and basketball pool game set to meet or exceed their expectations. The material was thick enough to support spirited play, and the size of the fully inflated game sets was suitable for most pools. Some users experienced issues with the PVC material tearing and leaking air after several uses.
Best Speaker: Blufree Pool Speaker
- Has color-changing RGB lights
- Battery powered
- Provides eight hours of play on a full charge
- Connects to devices via Bluetooth 4.2
What Customers Are Saying
Although this speaker was smaller than some customers expected, it produced good-quality sound and could connect to most users’ devices without issues. The flashing and color-changing party lights were a valued accompaniment to the audio. Some customers had complaints about the relatively low volume of the speaker, as well as the limited Bluetooth connection range.
Best Drink Holder: Jasonwell Inflatable Rainbow Cloud Drink Holder
- Has five individual cup holders
- Includes a large storage area for ice, food, and more
- Can be inflated using an air pump or compressor
- Weighs 1.2 pounds
What Customers Are Saying
Happy customers enjoyed the novelty of this floating drink and food holder, sharing that it made passing beverages and snacks easy and fun in the pool. The sturdiness of the floating drink holder was noted in different reviews. Some customers experienced issues with the inflatable drink holder leaking, and others wished that the main storage area was deeper.
Buyer’s Guide for Pool Accessories
Pool accessories make going for a swim in the summer more enjoyable. This buying guide covers many types of pool accessories, including lights, drink holders, games, and toys.
Several types of items fit under the pool accessories umbrella. Popular types include:
- Drink holders
- Music players
- Pool cleaners
- Pool lights
Pool accessories should be made from waterproof materials that won’t get damaged by chlorine or UV rays. Most pool accessories are made from some sort of plastic, such as polyvinyl chloride (PVC).
You can find pool accessories in every color imaginable. Bright colors, such as pink, blue, and yellow, are especially popular because of their summer aesthetic.
Inflated accessories, such as floats and games, arrive deflated for easier transportation. While smaller accessories can be inflated using air from your lungs, you will need a pump for larger inflatables. Some pool accessories come with a pump, while others require purchasing one separately.
Store your pool accessories when you’re not using them. Inflatable pool accessories can be deflated so they take up less space. Other accessories come with storage boxes, bags, or containers.
Tips to Get the Most Enjoyment Out of Your Pool
If you’re shopping for the best pool accessories online, you’re probably intent on maximizing the use of your pool. Whether you’re throwing a giant pool party or want to justify the expense of having a pool, here are some general tips and tricks for pool owners.
- Reclining pool chairs or beach chairs can make your time spent sunbathing next to the pool more relaxing.
- If your pool is deep enough to dive into, or you simply want to go underwater for any period of time, use a pair of pool goggles to protect your eyes.
- Use soft, premium beach towels to dry yourself off.
- If you want to enjoy your pool without getting wet, choose inflatable pool furniture for a comfortable way to hang out.
- Invite your dog to play inside your pool if they’re a swimmer and enjoy being in water. Although cleaning and drying their hair may take some work, swimming and playing in the pool is a great way to exercise and cool down high-energy dogs.
- Keep your pool clean and tidy by using tools such as a pool vacuum and pool shock.
- Make sure your pool is positioned in direct sunlight to enjoy the contrast between the coolness of the water and the heat of the midday sun.
- Though you can’t change the positioning of an underground pool, above-ground pools can be moved if you have the space. The angle of the sun will change over the course of the summer months.
- Add a pool slide to the end or sides of your pool if you have the space for it. Pool slides are a great party piece and offer hours of entertainment for guests, and you don’t need an overly large slide to impress them.
- Consider racing remote-control boats across the surface of the water as a way to enjoy your pool without getting wet.
Frequently Asked Questions About Pool Accessories
What types of pool accessories are there?
There are many types of pool accessories. Some are practical, such as lights, cleaners, and food and drink holders. Others, such as inflatable games and toys, are designed for entertainment.
What should I do with my pool accessories in the winter?
Store your pool accessories during the winter. Pool accessories aren’t designed to withstand extreme weather, particularly cold temperatures. You can put them in a shed, garage, pool house, attic, or closet. Another option is to purchase a storage ottoman or locking storage container that can stay outside all year round.
Can I leave my pool accessories in the pool when I’m not using them?
No, it isn’t recommended that you leave your pool accessories in the pool when you’re not using them. They can get dirty or damaged by wind, rain, extreme heat, and other inclement weather.
Should I consider an air pump to help me inflate different pool accessories?
Yes, you should consider an air pump to help you inflate different pool accessories. Although an air pump isn’t a pool accessory, it can save you a lot of time and effort when it comes to blowing up inflatable pool toys and other accessories.
Why Trust The This Old House Reviews Team
This Old House has empowered homeowners for more than four decades with top-notch home improvement content in the form of television programs, print media, and digital content on its website and social media platforms. The This Old House Reviews Team focuses on creating in-depth product and service review content to help inform your purchasing decision for just about any item or resource that you might need for your home. The This Old House Reviews Team has written over 1,000 reviews on products in the home space, from cordless drills to kitchen trash cans, lawn mowers, and dining room decorations.
We recommend products in each review using an intensive research process, spending hours combing through the best available models on Amazon. For a product to make our list of top picks, it must hold a solid sales record on Amazon, have consistently positive customer reviews, and offer unique features, among other factors. After narrowing down our list of recommendations, we conduct additional research and sometimes in-person testing to ensure that the products meet our standards. Once we conclude the research phase, we craft a well-rounded, user-friendly article that includes our recommended products and additional information to help homeowners like you make the right purchase.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews team at email@example.com.