- An installation like this that involves gas piping is best left to a licensed, professional plumber.
- Shut off the water and the gas to the hot water tank. Drain the water out of the tank and remove the old tank.
- The new water heater may require a larger gas line, which will need to be run from the gas meter to the water heater.
- Using the hole saw, drill a hole on the outside of the house near the location of the water heater. Run PVC pipes for the fresh air intake and vent through that hole.
- Connect the cold water supply line to the water heater and the hot lines out of the heater using the ¾” copper pipe.
- An on-demand water heater requires an electrical outlet. An electrician may need to assist in adding one near the installation location.
- A crossover valve can be installed at the furthest plumbing fixture to allow the built-in recirculation pump to keep hot water at the ready.
- Turn on the cold water supply, gas supply, and power to the water heater and test.