As an Alabama resident, you’ll want air conditioning to keep your house cool in the summer and a washer and dryer to clean the clothes you sweat through. A home warranty will ensure these systems and appliances remain functioning, giving you peace of mind all year round.
The This Old House Reviews Team has put together information to make your search for an Alabama home warranty easier. In this review, we’ll break down the best home warranty companies in your state to ensure you find the best protection for your home.
Alabama’s Top 3 Home Warranty Companies
The highest rated home warranty companies in AL include:
- American Home Shield: Our Overall Top Pick
- Liberty Home Guard: Most Responsive
- Select Home Warranty: Best Value
To determine the top three Alabama home warranty companies, the This Old House Reviews Team compared a variety of companies across the state and based our recommendations on factors such as pricing, plan options, claims process, home warranty reviews, and Better Business Bureau (BBB) ratings. Here are our top picks.
American Home Shield
American Home Shield (AHS) has close to 50 years of experience in the home warranty industry. The company offers three plans to customers—ShieldSilver™, ShieldGold™, and ShieldPlatinum™—and customizable service fees between $75–$125.
Pros & Cons
✔ Offers customer service 24 hours a day, seven days a week
✔ Covers damage due to rust and corrosion
✔ Doesn’t require a home inspection before providing coverage
✘ Fewer options for add-on coverage than most companies
✘ More expensive monthly premiums and service fees than other leading providers
Plans & Pricing
Plan pricing will vary based on where you live in Alabama, the type of plan you choose, and the service fee you select. You have the option of a $75, $100, or $125 service fee which will make your monthly cost more or less expensive.
Here are the monthly prices if you choose a $75 service fee:
- ShieldSilver: $54.99 per month
- ShieldGold: $64.99 per month
- ShieldPlatinum: $79.99 per month
The higher the service call fee, the lower the monthly payment, and vice versa.
Learn more: American Home Shield Review
Liberty Home Guard
Liberty Home Guard (LHG) is another solid provider for Alabama homeowners, offering an extensive list of add-ons and a 60-day workmanship guarantee for repairs. LHG also does not limit coverage based on the age of a home system or appliance as long as it’s in working order.
Pros & Cons
✔ Guarantees workmanship on repairs for 60 days
✔ Provides coverage for working home systems and appliances regardless of age
✔ Offers 38 unique add-on coverage options
✘ Lacks transparency in quote process for service call fee
✘ Provides a relatively low $2,000 coverage cap limit for covered items
Plans & Pricing
Liberty Home Guard offers three coverage plans: the Appliance Guard, Systems Guard and Total Home Guard. The Appliance Guard covers appliances, the Systems Guard covers major systems, and the Total Home Guard plan covers both home systems and appliances.
Your service call fee will fall between $65 and $125. A Liberty Home Guard representative explained to us that the fee is assigned based on your home’s size, type, and location, as well as the plan and add-ons you choose.
Here are the monthly prices you can expect for Liberty Home Guard coverage:
- Appliance Guard: $49.99 per month
- Systems Guard: $54.99 per month
- Total Home Guard: $59.99 per month
To get your personalized quote from Liberty Home Guard, please call 866-452-9107 or fill out the Liberty Home Guard quote form.
Learn more: Liberty Home Guard Review
Select Home Warranty
Select Home Warranty is another company that we recommend for Alabama homeowners.
Pros & Cons
✔ Monthly premiums and service fees are at industry lows
✔ Offers free roof coverage
✔ Offers discounts to customer who purchase several years of coverage
✘ Has less than 10 years of experience
✘ Low coverage gaps force customers to pay the rest of repair or replacement costs
Plans & Pricing
Select Home Warranty has plan options similar to those of American Home Shield. Its Bronze Care Plan covers systems, its Gold Care Plan covers appliances, and its Platinum Care Plan protects both home systems and appliances.
In addition to Select’s relatively affordable monthly premiums, the company offers a service fee of $75 per claim, which is in line with the industry average.
Here’s what a typical monthly premium would look like with one of Select’s plans:
- Bronze Care: $35.83 per month
- Gold Care: $35.83 per month
- Platinum Care: $37.50 per month
Learn more: Select Home Warranty Review
While there are a variety of home warranty companies available in Alabama, we recommend American Home Shield above all the rest because of its extensive experience and comprehensive plan coverage.
If you’re still on the fence about buying a home warranty, consider getting several quotes from all three providers listed in this article. This way, you can find coverage that best fits your protection needs and budget.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our Rating Methodology
The This Old House Reviews Team is committed to providing comprehensive and unbiased reviews to our readers, and we aim to provide transparency in our review standards and research process.
Our research process includes speaking with representatives from more than 40 home warranty providers, requesting quotes, and asking clarifying questions to gain insight into each provider’s benefits and downsides. We also analyze sample contracts from each company to understand specific coverage terms.
To rate companies, we apply the data we have gathered to our review standards. These standards are on a 100-point scoring system, which is detailed below:
- Coverage (35 points): Providers are scored based on breadth and depth of coverage. We focused on key home systems (HVAC, plumbing, and electrical), essential appliances (refrigerator, ovens, and laundry machines), and unique coverage items (such as roof-leak coverage and code violation allowances). Coverage scores are weighted by taking into account coverage caps and other limiting factors, meaning providers with greater range of coverage and higher coverage caps score the highest.
- Value (30 points): A company’s plan value is a reflection of how well it serves the customer in comparison to what the customer pays for the policy. We accounted for monthly costs, service call fees, and cost flexibility (such as customizable service call fees, discounts, and multi-year policies).
- Trustworthiness and Transparency (21 points): Trustworthiness and transparency are a reflection of how well the provider considers the customer’s interests. We scored items such as the length of workmanship guarantees, online availability of a sample contract, policy change flexibility, and ease of cancellation. Additionally, we scored items that reflect industry reputation and customer satisfaction, including analyzing brand reputation across the Better Business Bureau and third-party customer review aggregators.
- Availability and Service (14 points): Quality of customer service is key to customer satisfaction. We dug into each provider’s guaranteed response times, claims processes, service flexibility, emergency availability, and more.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.