In this video, Ask This Old House landscape designer Jenn Nawada explains how to create a piece of artwork out of succulent plants.
1. Lay the frame faceup on a table and begin to fill each empty square in the frame about halfway with succulent soil mix.
2. Take succulent plants of your choice and put three in each space.
3. Pack the plants tight to make the frame appear full.
4. Using your fingers, pack in soil as hard as possible, so it will not fall out when you put the frame vertical.
5. Give the plants a good watering to establish roots in new bed.
6. Elevate the frame top to bottom to force drainage.
7. Drain any excess water.
8. Wait two to three days before hanging plants up vertically.