Steps for Starting an Organic Garden:
- Every material used in an organic garden needs to be certified organic.
- Planters can be made out of cedar or ceramic.
- The soil must be organic as well. If you’re not using a planter, you’ll need to dig out a hole and remove the soil in the ground to replace it with organic soil.
- Seedlings and seed packets also need to have a certified organic label.
- For any garden, Jenn recommends asking yourself why you want to start a garden to determine what types of plants should go in there.
In order to qualify as organic, every material used in the garden must be certified organic. Check the labels of plants, soils, and even potting material to be certain everything is actually organic.
Everything Jenn demonstrated in the segment, including the seeds, seedlings, planters and soil, can all be found at The Home Depot. Hit the button below to shop!