Steps for Upgrading Glass Fireplace Doors:
- Start by removing the old doors. Most are usually held in place with a few screws that can be loosened with a nut driver.
- The new fireplace doors should come with straps that will be used to secure it to the firebox. To determine their placement, attach the straps to the bottom of the door and hold the door back in position in the firebox. Mark where the straps land on the base of the firebox using a pencil or a marker.
- Remove the doors again and drill holes on the marks using a masonry drill.
- Place the doors back in the firebox and line up the straps over the holes in the masonry. Clamp the doors in place and use a level to ensure the door is in the proper position.
- Secure the straps to the firebox using a drill driver.
- With the doors now secured in the correct position, add, mark, and drill for the straps on the sides of the doors.
- Secure the rest of the straps into place with the drill driver.
Mark replaced the existing fireplace doors with the Caron Vintage Iron Fireplace Doors, which were manufactured by Woodland Direct.