Step by Step ProjectsTips from the ProsAffordable Remodels
Here's a link to a photo of pipe insulation in a 100-year-old office building. Sure looks like it could be friable asbestos.
Yes, I've reported it, but management doesn't seem to be all that concerned.
Certainly looks like it.
Not sure where you should take it. I would start with local agencies. Building, environmental, etc. Is it in your leased space or public areas? If so there should be more options.
That does not look good at all. Since you are getting nowhere with building owners/maintenance, the next step is to the municipality. Start with the building department, they can tell you where to go from there.
Asbestos isn't quite the evil it's made out to be -- incidental exposure probably won't cause cancer. However, failure to properly mitigate (which doesn't necessarily mean removal) or improper disposal can be hazardous to your bank account if not your health.