APPLY NOW | Marvin Windows and Doors Immersion Experience for Aspiring Tradespeople
MARVIN WINDOWS & DOORS IMMERSION EXPERIENCE
A MASTER INSTALLATION COURSE AND FACTORY IMMERSION by MARVIN WINDOWS
Marvin Windows and Doors (“Marvin”) is searching for eight (8) participants for a 3-day, 2-night, expenses-paid immersive course at Marvin’s Headquarters in Warroad, MN.
• Dates: August 6-8, 2018 Warroad, MN
From June 12 through July 6, 2018, Marvin will accept submissions for consideration via thisoldhouse.com/MarvinImmersion. Marvin will select up to eight (8) participants, based on the criteria outlined in Section 2 below, to learn alongside Master Installer Eric Klein as he shares best practices and teaches hands-on window and door installation methods in a fully immersive experience.
Applicant must be able to prove at the time of your entry that: 1. You are 18 years of age or older. 2. You are not an employee, officer or director of Marvin Windows and Doors or its affiliates, or share a household with any such person. 3. You are interested in learning about the window and door installation process as it pertains to your career/desired career in the skilled trades. 4. You are not bound by any contract or agreement that prohibits or conflicts with the Immersion period (August 6-8, 2018). 5. That you are available to travel to, and remain in, Warroad, MN, for the three-day duration of said Immersion period.
Finalists must complete and sign an affidavit of eligibility, liability release, publicity release, and such other agreements as Marvin may require.
2. APPLICATION PROCESS:
We are looking for individuals who are excited about growing their skill sets by learning about the window and door installation process. To enter the contest, interested individuals must apply online at thisoldhouse.com/MarvinImmersion, where they will (1) complete the required written submission and (2) Submit a link to their Video Application.
- Video Application: Video should include an introduction to who you are, your field of interest/expertise, your experience in said field, and an explanation of why you should be selected for this opportunity.
- All eligible submissions will be reviewed, and Apprentices will be chosen by Marvin Windows and Doors based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated commitment to pursuing a career in the skilled trade
- Uniqueness and creativity in responses
- Interest in learning about the window and door installation process
3. If a finalist cannot be contacted, is deemed ineligible, fails to claim or fails to timely return the completed and executed affidavit, releases and other agreements and consents, their position will be forfeited and an alternate finalist may be selected.
Submissions must be received by July 6, 2018; selected participants will be contacted on or before July 13, 2018.
The chosen participants must be able and willing to provide: 1. One form of state-issued ID (for example, a driver’s license or a passport). 2. Affidavit of Eligibility, as provided by Marvin, which the participant must fill out, sign, agreeing to all of Marvin’s terms and conditions. You may also be subject to a thorough background investigation and other examinations at Marvin’s discretion. ALL FORMS MUST BE FILLED OUT COMPLETELY AND TRUTHFULLY. IF YOU FAIL TO COMPLETE ANY FORM, GIVE ANY FALSE INFORMATION, OR FAIL TO REVEAL ANY PERTINENT INFORMATION, YOU MAY BE DISQUALIFIED.
4. IMMERSION EXPERIENCE DETAILS:
Participants will receive:
- Round-trip, coach airfare from participant’s home city in the U.S. to Warroad, MN
- Accommodations for the duration of the Immersion Period at a local hotel of Marvin’s choosing
- Course Description:
Exclusive, three day-long educational immersion experience at Marvin Windows and Doors’ headquarters in Warroad, Minnesota, created especially for the future builders of America.
With Master Installer Eric Klein, you’ll learn best practices and window and door installation methods and come away with a deep understanding of window and door parts and terminology. This course is designed to:
- Teach the importance of proper installation
- Demonstrate the difference between water management and water proofing
- Review operation and weather seal alignment
- Understand sealants, weather-resistant barriers, flashing material and the importance of material compatibility
- Teach proper window installation into a rough opening
- Impact tips on how to service windows and doors throughout their lifetime
In addition to hands-on educational sessions, this course includes an in-depth tour of the Marvin facilities from wood-processing to signature services, including Marvin’s research and development, rapid prototyping and testing labs where products are conceived and certified.
• Participant will be required to read and sign an Immersion Experience Agreement upon acceptance of the invitation to join Marvin in Warroad for this educational event.
• Participants will not be engaged in work for Marvin, either as an employee or non- employee, and understands the Immersion Experience is for the benefit of the Participant. Participant has no expectation of compensation.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS:
By applying for the Marvin Immersion Experience, you agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of Marvin Windows and Doors, which shall be final and binding. Your application, and your presence at the Marvin headquarters, constitutes your consent and agreement to the recording and use, by Marvin, of your appearance, voice, likeness and name for use in connection with any broadcast or cable television, commercial video, audio, wireless/ mobile application, social media, or Internet use for all purposes (including advertising, marketing, promotion, merchandising and the exploitation of any and all ancillary and subsidiary rights), as the same may be edited, in all media now known or hereafter created. Such consent is given in exchange for and in consideration of the opportunity to be considered for participation in the Immersion Experience, unless otherwise required by law. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE PHOTOGRAPHED, OR ARE UNWILLING TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY. Your attendance at the experience at any time will be conclusively deemed to be a waiver of any and all claims for invasion of privacy, defamation, etc. Entrant agrees to hold forever harmless of any liability whatsoever, Marvin or any other sponsors of this promotion, including their employees, affiliates, parent companies, agencies and subsidiaries, for damages that may occur by the application for, or acceptance of, this position. Entrant agrees to allow Marvin the opportunity to use their names and/or photographs for publicity for this promotion. All federal, state and local laws apply. No cash or other substitution or transfer of prize permitted.
6. ENTRANT’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
Entrant acknowledges and agrees that all of the personal information being submitted by entrant in applying to this program will be shared by Marvin and This Old House Ventures, LLC (This Old House) and may be used by Marvin and/or This Old House in connection with the promotion and implementation of the immersion program, whether or not the entrant is ultimately selected to participate.
7. TAXES AND STATUS
Participants will be solely responsible for reporting and paying all applicable federal, state or local taxes on any items they receive in connection with this program. Participants are NOT employees of Marvin.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Entrants release and hold harmless Marvin and any affiliated entity, and their officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described) for injuries, damages or losses to persons, including but not limited to death, and property which may be sustained in connection with the Immersion Experience. Such release shall survive and be binding upon the entrant and his or her heirs and estate.
9. GOVERNING LAW
All aspects of the Marvin Immersion Experience, including but not limited to the application process and any related disputes, are subject to and governed by Minnesota law. Any dispute arising out of or relating to the Immersion Experience or these rules shall be viewed exclusively in a state or federal court located in Minnesota.
In the event of a dispute, Marvin’s decision and selection of participants will be final and binding. Official rules are subject to modification by Marvin at any time.