Merry Maids offers a wide range of cleaning services, ranging from basic housekeeping to enhanced disinfection services and move in/out cleaning services.
Your Merry Maid specialist will bring their products and equipment. However, if you prefer they use a specific product you own, you can tell them in advance and they will use it.
House Cleaning / Housekeeping
House cleaning, or housekeeping, is the classic service offered by Merry Maids. Merry Maids strives to send the same cleaning specialist to your home every visit. Sometimes this isn’t possible, but a customer service representative said the same house cleaning specialist can be sent 80-90 percent of the time, on average.
We were also assured that as long as pets are friendly, they do not need to be removed from the home during cleaning services. They simply need to be secured.
House cleaning / housekeeping entails the following:
- Straighten clutter/empty trash
- Clean ceiling fans
- Clean around light switches
- Remove cobwebs
- Clean toilet, shower/tub, sink/mirrors, as well as clean and vacuum floors
- Dust toilet paper/towel racks/fold towels
- Clean exterior of appliances and inside the microwave
- Wipe down tables/chairs
- Clean window over the sink
- Clean countertops/backsplashes and polish small appliances
- Clean/sanitize sink and polish fixtures
- Vacuum and wash floors
- Dust window sills, shelves, and furniture
- Clean glass tabletops, mirrors, all glass entrance/exit doors
- Vacuum carpet/under edges of rugs
- Bedrooms: make beds, with master bed linen change included
The website is very vague about this particular service. The section notes dusting, vacuuming, washing, and sanitizing, but does not break it down any further than that.
Not all house cleaning companies offer services for small spaces. Merry Maids will clean your ceiling fans, baseboards, under furniture, your mirror and windows, wall art, and pictures.
The detailed cleaning service goes more in-depth than basic house cleaning services, getting into the nitty-gritty for a deep clean.
- Scrub and dry sinks, showers, and fixtures
- Clean the interior and exterior of toilets
- Clean mirrors, glass picture frames, and any other glass surfaces
- Vacuum, edge, and groom carpeting
- Vacuum tops of drapes or valances
- Vacuum and wash hard surface floors
- Wet-wipe accessible ceiling fans, hanging light fixtures, and vents
- Wet-wipe down door knobs, door frames, and light switch plates
- Dust and wet-wipe all furniture
- Dust items on furniture and lampshades
Specialty cleaning services can pay special attention to areas and tasks that house cleaning services usually do not include.
- Kitchen appliance cleaning
- Interior cabinet cleaning
- Silverware cleaning and polishing
This service cleans the same rooms as the general house cleaning, only using environmentally friendly products. With Green Cleaning, Merry Maids only uses Safer Choice-approved products, which meet independent guidelines established by the Environmental Protection Agency.
Also, these products have decreased carbon emissions, create less plastic in landfills, and are safe around children and pets.
Enhanced Disinfection Services
With these surfaces, Merry Maids focuses on high-touch, hard surfaces in the home to destroy any emerging pathogens. The Merry Maids products are used by sister brands ServiceMaster Clean and ServiceMaster Restore to disinfect your home.
Examples of high-touch surfaces include:
- Light switches
- Hand railings
- Appliance knobs and handles
- Toilet seats and handles
For this service, Merry Maids gets your home holiday-party ready by taking care of the basics and then going beyond with polishing. This offering includes:
- Dusting, scrubbing, and polishing foyers and entryways
- Cleaning stairs
- Cleaning windows so that they are clear and streak-free
- Cleaning and polishing kitchen appliances, faucets, and fixtures
- Cleaning bathrooms to make them pristine
A customer service representative told us that this will depend on the individual needs of the customer moving out. All of the furniture must be removed. Some customers will need light cleaning, while others will want a deeper clean, where the cleaning specialist takes care of the inside of kitchen cabinets, inside of the oven, refrigerator, closets, and more.