1 out of 5Easyyou just need the proper repair kit
less than $20
about 15 minutes
In this video, This Old House landscape contractor Roger Cook shows how to repair a flat tire on a wheelbarrow.
How to Fix a Wheelbarrow Tire: Step-by-Step
- Wheelbarrow tires that have tubes can be fixed with a repair kit. Remove tube and cover hole with rubber patch and cement. Let dry then replace tube.
- To repair a flat tubeless tire, start by using an air compressor to fill the tire with air so that you can locate the hole.
- Use the reamer from the plug-repair kit and force it into the hole to roughen up the edge of the hole.
- Pass the rubber plug about halfway through the slot in the end of the applicator tool.
- Coat the plug with rubber cement.
- Pull out the reamer, then immediately force the cement-coated rubber plug two-thirds of the way into the tire.
- Pull out the reamer, leaving the plug in place.
- Cut the excess rubber plug flush with the tire using side-cutting pliers.
- Fill the tire with air.