In this video, This Old House landscape contractor Roger Cook shows how to repair a flat tire on a wheelbarrow.
1. Wheelbarrow tires that have tubes can be fixed with a repair kit.
Remove tube and cover hole with rubber patch and cement. Let dry then replace tube.
2. To repair a flat tubeless tire, start by using an air compressor to fill the tire with air so that you can locate the hole.
3. Use the reamer from the plug-repair kit and force it into the hole to roughen up the edge of the hole.
4. Pass the rubber plug about halfway through the slot in the end of the applicator tool.
5. Coat the plug with rubber cement.
6. Pull out the reamer, then immediately force the cement-coated rubber plug two-thirds of the way into the tire.
Pull out the reamer, leaving the plug in place.
7. Cut the excess rubber plug flush with the tire using side-cutting pliers.
8. Fill the tire with air.