The perfect gift for Dad this Father’s Day may be the gift of a DIY organization. If nothing in our curated gift guide will pique his interest, try running this project by him and, if he’s game, he’ll reap the benefits of organized tools the next time he has a task to tackle.
Steps for Labeling a Toolbox
- Remove all the tools from the toolbox, and store them in a safe place away from your painting project area. Note which tool went in what drawer so that you can put each one back where it belongs.
- Prep the desired toolbox surface by cleaning it with soap and water and let dry.
- Use painter’s tape to section off the parts you don’t want to be painted. Make sure the tape is secure, including on the toolbox body and drawer pulls.
- Spray on a coat of black chalkboard spray paint, and allow it to dry to the touch.
- Carefully peel off the painter’s tape.
- Place the tools back in the drawers, and label each drawer with a piece of chalk.
See more clever ways to give dad an organized workspace with our guide on how to organize your garage.