In this video, This Old House landscape contractor Roger Cook explains how to revitalize a lawn.
Steps for Reviving a Dead Lawn:
- Run a gas-powered aerator back and forth across entire lawn, making sure not to miss any areas.
- Switch directions and run aerator perpendicular to the first pass.
- Fill drop spreader with lawn fertilizer and apply to entire lawn.
- Stop and start the spreader at the end of each pass to avoid over-application of fertilizer.
- Use a shovel to spread compost across the lawn to a depth of ½ inch.
- Rake the compost into the lawn.